New version of iSmart on Apple is in km

Yes, my app logged me out today for the first time since I got the car (maybe because my phone updated the app?) and now my distance setting is in km and I can’t change it to miles! These are the only settings I’m seeing under Profile
On the Android app after Language it has Measurement. Looks like its been accidentality removed from the Apple version. I suggest all of you with Apple phones email MG and your dealer and let them know.

Try changing language to something like French and then back to English.
Thanks. Didn’t work, unfortunately
On the Android app after Language it has Measurement. Looks like its been accidentality removed from the Apple version. I suggest all of you with Apple phones email MG and your dealer and let them know.
Yep. I’ve also just posted it in a review comment on the App Store

They are like a naughty child who keeps misbehaving so they get attention.
On a positive note, they haven’t managed to break my ability to heat the cabin whilst plugged in and not charging. Still odd that only works for some and not all of us…

It is really frustrating that an app update removes a key feature (range in miles) and there is nothing you can do about it. Not many people are commenting... Assuming half have apple phones, isn't this affecting virtually everyone now the app has updated?

I'm not sure everyone with an Iphone is affected ???

Mine still shows miles after the update to Ismart 1.1.4 (on my Iphone 12 running latest IOS 17.0.3)

Attachments

• IMG_2518.jpeg
    IMG_2518.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2519.jpeg
    IMG_2519.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 66
I'm not sure everyone with an Iphone is affected ???

Mine still shows miles after the update to Ismart 1.1.4 (on my Iphone 12 running latest IOS 17.0.3)
Yes same for me still in miles after update. However can't find anywhere to change it now in the app, wonder if its picking it up from some iOS setting instead, no idea what though.

My app shows only kms, and i have the latest iOS 17.0.3
No tab to change between metric/imperial
Very frustrating, but at least the infotainment screen shows remaining range in miles.

I can't see any logic to this - others have the latest iOs version, and the latest iSmart. However some have Kms, some have miles - but all agree that there is no longer an option to select metric / imperial in the app.

I wonder if it's an iphone system setting somewhere?

Wake up (I'm talking to you, the Brits and the North Americans), the rest of the world has long since adopted the metric (SI) system. Which is superior in every sense. Peace.
International System of Units - Wikipedia
Yes, odd. There are only THREE countries in the world that are still officially using the imperial system: The US, MYANMAR, and LIBERIA. However, in Myanmar and Liberia, the metric system has been used parallel with imperial, and both countries are on their way to completely switch on using only one, which would be the metric system.

In the UK, WTF? One would expect that the imperial system would be the preferred choice since it was born almost 200 years ago. However, the UK is somewhere in between both systems. The metric system is officially the one to be used, but people there still tend to express the length and/or speed of something in miles/per hour. Pounds, gallons, and pints are also used to represent volume. Bizarre.

No wonder iSmart might be a little confused ....

Yes, odd. There are only THREE countries in the world that are still officially using the imperial system: The US, MYANMAR, and LIBERIA. However, in Myanmar and Liberia, the metric system has been used parallel with imperial, and both countries are on their way to completely switch on using only one, which would be the metric system.

In the UK, WTF? One would expect that the imperial system would be the preferred choice since it was born almost 200 years ago. However, the UK is somewhere in between both systems. The metric system is officially the one to be used, but people there still tend to express the length and/or speed of something in miles/per hour. Pounds, gallons, and pints are also used to represent volume. Bizarre.

No wonder iSmart might be a little confused ....
You're right, we're not fully metric, nor fully imperial like the US. Luckily we use SI units for engineering.

However we do tend to think in miles (and our road signs and speed limits use miles) and MPG for fuel consumption. All the app has to do is bring back the imperial / metric selection. And it's not even missing for all the UK apple users, I'm not sure why.

All the app has to do is bring back the imperial / metric selection. And it's not even missing for all the UK apple users, I'm not sure why.
Its missing for all on the latest update, however some are still on miles and some have been switched to km, what you can't do is change it yourself within the app anymore

Mine had latest version and was still in Miles. However choice to change tab has gone.
Logged out as not changing any changes to battery level. When logged back on app now in km!!
So those that still see miles dont log out!!

Yes, I can confirm this, if you are logged out then it will set to km on reopening and you can't change it. Some have miles as a cached setting but it won't survive a logout.
I logged out and when I logged back in it was in miles.
I changed language to French and it showed the miles left with the word (kilometers)
I changed back to English and it showed the same (correct) number of miles left with the word miles next to it.

I changed language to Italian (my native language) and it gives me miles left using the word Miglia (Italian for Miles)

It’s random as duck

IMG_0742.jpeg
IMG_0741.jpeg
IMG_0740.jpeg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member