New version of iSmart on Apple is in km

Same issue here.
Was in miles, updated to latest app for iOS and initially remembered miles.
MG forced a logout (timeout, backend system update, whatever reason).

Upon login defaulted to KM yet now latest app doesn’t offer the measurement selection.

There's loads of commnets now on the Appstore relating to this issue with the app update. Hopefully their app developer will have taken note and will come out with another update soon. My Android phone will switch to Imperial still,

I can add my experience to the others now! Forced logout, logged back in, range now in km with no option under profile to change back to miles. Oh well, first world problem I suppose…just irritating.

The MG salesperson I was talking to this afternoon is having the same trouble on ios with her MG4 & cant sort it out. :eek:

I can add my experience to the others now! Forced logout, logged back in, range now in km with no option under profile to change back to miles. Oh well, first world problem I suppose…just irritating.
This is it in a nutshell - irritating, but not quite the end of the world…

And now, every time I start the car, I get a message in the app asking me to 'please confirm that you know it'... not sure why, as if I don't answer, nothing happens :cautious:

The KMs thing doesn't bother me, as the car displays the range correctly as Miles

Hi, my iSmart App has updated automatically and I’m on Apple iOS.

But the car battery range is now in kilometres. Obviously I wanted it in miles.

This has happened in the past when the iSmart App is updated, but each time then I have easily found the kilometres versus miles switch to set it to miles. But this time I can’t find it anywhere. Does anybody know where it is?

Many thanks
@MartinSEsr I am having the same issue , I am using IOS 🤔

Yes, my app logged me out today for the first time since I got the car (maybe because my phone updated the app?) and now my distance setting is in km and I can’t change it to miles! These are the only settings I’m seeing under Profile
I am having the same issues @StuartT It’s very annoying to say the least seems to be since my iPhone has done a recent update , app logged me out again , previously I was able to go in and change back to the imperial measurement, I want to see my distance in miles ……. End of why have they removed this 🤯

And now, every time I start the car, I get a message in the app asking me to 'please confirm that you know it'... not sure why, as if I don't answer, nothing happens :cautious:

The KMs thing doesn't bother me, as the car displays the range correctly as Miles
You probably have the alarm set to alert you every time the car starts.

Profile>Alarm Setting>Vehicle Start Notification

Hi, my iSmart App has updated automatically and I’m on Apple iOS.

But the car battery range is now in kilometres. Obviously I wanted it in miles.

This has happened in the past when the iSmart App is updated, but each time then I have easily found the kilometres versus miles switch to set it to miles. But this time I can’t find it anywhere. Does anybody know where it is?

Many thanks
If anyone from MG is in this forum. Please ask them for a time to resolve the KM to Miles bug. It’s frustrating it being able to select country specific measurements.

You probably have the alarm set to alert you every time the car starts.

Profile>Alarm Setting>Vehicle Start Notification
Doh… of course. <slap forehead>

I am having the same issues @StuartT It’s very annoying to say the least seems to be since my iPhone has done a recent update , app logged me out again , previously I was able to go in and change back to the imperial measurement, I want to see my distance in miles ……. End of why have they removed this 🤯
It’s easy to convert kms to miles (1.6-ish km to a mile)… and the car will still show range in miles.

We're already calculating using miles/kwh to see how many KWh are needed to get to the destination, converting from KWh to battery percentage, subtracting from 100 to see the % to add on the Ohme home charger, etc. I basically can not be bothered with a totally unncecssary calculation when the app should have imperial and metric like it used to. Sometimes the answer has to be 'f-off MG I've had enough now', rather tha 'ok thanks, let me work around yet another frustrating issue you have created'

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back