New version of iSmart on Apple is in km

Odd that happened, I’m still on miles and have the latest update
I was too until I logged out and then back in as app was unable to connect to car’s gps. Then distance went ti kns without the option to set miles.

Yep. Seems that MG do indeed listen and hear the issues…they’re just far from the best at communication…

The app notes are a fine example ‘bug fix’ is the same as the previous update notes as well. Wouldn’t take much to state what bug was actually fixed

Fixed, but looks like I was very slowwww off the mark this morning. comes of being retired and laying in :)

Last edited:
Yep. Seems that MG do indeed listen and hear the issues…they’re just far from the best at communication…

The app notes are a fine example ‘bug fix’ is the same as the previous update notes as well. Wouldn’t take much to state what bug was actually fixed
To be fair most app developers do exactly the same thing, they will list ‘bug fixes’ or ‘general improvements’ without going into detail.

They fixed the miles/km mistake (not a bug)! pretty quickly. Perhaps we all need to give negative reviews and detail all the app problems on the respective app stores. Maybe the app developers are more responsive than MG HQ. App problems include the very flakey digital key, the wrong seat heating up, travel plans not working.

They fixed the miles/km mistake (not a bug)! pretty quickly. Perhaps we all need to give negative reviews and detail all the app problems on the respective app stores. Maybe the app developers are more responsive than MG HQ. App problems include the very flakey digital key, the wrong seat heating up, travel plans not working.
Definitely agree. I posted a complaint on the App Store too (there are loads of them now!). So presumably the developers saw them and decided they had to fix it!

We're already calculating using miles/kwh to see how many KWh are needed to get to the destination, converting from KWh to battery percentage, subtracting from 100 to see the % to add on the Ohme home charger, etc. I basically can not be bothered with a totally unncecssary calculation when the app should have imperial and metric like it used to. Sometimes the answer has to be 'f-off MG I've had enough now', rather tha 'ok thanks, let me work around yet another frustrating issue you have created'
It's just an app...

Hi, my iSmart App has updated automatically and I’m on Apple iOS.

But the car battery range is now in kilometres. Obviously I wanted it in miles.

This has happened in the past when the iSmart App is updated, but each time then I have easily found the kilometres versus miles switch to set it to miles. But this time I can’t find it anywhere. Does anybody know where it is?

Many thanks
Miles is back! looks like they reverted to an older version as mine got the imperial option back it's forgotten the car name and crashes if you click on Travel. This is the same as it was before they removed the imperial option.

Last edited:
Miles is back! looks like they reverted to an older version as mine got the imperial option back it's forgotten the car name and crashes if you click on Travel. This is the same as it was before they removed the imperial option.

Just a thought. Maybe they have fixed nothing. Maybe this is just a reversion to the previous version.

Definitely agree. I posted a complaint on the App Store too (there are loads of them now!). So presumably the developers saw them and decided they had to fix it!
Not sure if it was the app store but I also emailed MG customer services about the app miles/km issue and I got a reply 3 days later from head office in Birmingham that it had been reported to the app provider for rectification.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back