No options to remotely defrost?

jmozz

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi everyone,

On the MG ismart app I have no option to specifically defrost the front and rear windscreen remotely, only set the temperature of the entire cabin, for my MG4 trophy LR 2023. My friend has the MG ZS 2022 and his app (same version) has a button to specifically defrost the front window.

I'm wondering if the MG4 trophy just knows based on the outside temperature to send more hot air to the window automatically? Or does it just not have this feature?

Thanks!

I think you can set the rear electric de-mister to come on when your clear the from screen via the head unit.

When you remotely set the air conditioning on, it does defrost the front screen. I tried it just now with todays dusting of snow and the front screen is clearing. Not quite sure why it insists on turning the side lights on though...

Attachments

• MG4 remote defrost_result.jpg
    MG4 remote defrost_result.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 113
Me neither. Not only does it take away some energy, but you get the chance of lighting up your neighboors living at 7 am....
I do think AC uses the last settings set. So maybe if set it to front screen only it may work.

When you remotely set the air conditioning on, it does defrost the front screen. I tried it just now with todays dusting of snow and the front screen is clearing. Not quite sure why it insists on turning the side lights on though...
Thanks for this! I've not had a frosty or snowy day yet to check how it works!

Thanks for this! I've not had a frosty or snowy day yet to check how it works!
My windscreen was frozen over this monring, set the cabin temp using the app and waited. The first 10 minute session cleared roughly half of the ice off the windscreen, so I sent another 10 minute heating session over. After that session was finished my windscreen was ice free. It cost 2% in battery life.

My windscreen was frozen over this monring, set the cabin temp using the app and waited. The first 10 minute session cleared roughly half of the ice off the windscreen, so I sent another 10 minute heating session over. After that session was finished my windscreen was ice free. It cost 2% in battery life.
I set the temp up to 28+ degrees and that completely clears even the hardest frost/ice in the 10 minutes.

I set the temp up to 28+ degrees and that completely clears even the hardest frost/ice in the 10 minutes.
good to know, I think mine was set to 23, I just didnt think that would matter as there was no chance the car would get the inside cabin to 23c in 10 mins, so I assumed it would just blast the heat out on full. :D

Perhaps it's because most of us leave the lights on "Auto".
I wonder if switching them off manually when parking would stop them coming on? :unsure:
I just tried leaving the front and rear demister active (with HVAC on), turning off the car, then activating HVAC remotely. The front and rear demister didn't come back on with it

good to know, I think mine was set to 23, I just didnt think that would matter as there was no chance the car would get the inside cabin to 23c in 10 mins, so I assumed it would just blast the heat out on full. :D
I think there's another thread that says on Chinese cars the set temperature is the airflow temp and not the desired cabin temp, anyway 28+ degrees works very well.

Not a major challenge (in the UK), so far? - 10 mins of the remote heating does the job - as does 2-3 mins just getting in the car and pressing windscreen defrost.

I’d think they could add this in an update at some point. Assuming of course the rear defrost doesn’t require the physical button to be pressed.

I’d think they could add this in an update at some point. Assuming of course the rear defrost doesn’t require the physical button to be pressed.
from recollection there is a setting (maybe?), as to whether the rear engages on pressing the front defrost?

Last edited by a moderator:
from recollection their is a setting (maybe?), as to whether the rear engages on pressing the front defrost?
Yep. It is in the setting of the A/C window. It will heat up for about 15 minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-10-00-18-53-38_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-10-00-18-53-38_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 91

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member