Not charging AC or DC

Dave53

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Old model MG ZS EV, last night failed charge on Zappi 7kw home charger, tried 7kw on A/C on destination charger no joy, rapid no joy any ideas?

The only simple and practical thing that comes to mind is a system reset (12V disconnect).
If that fails, get it booked into your dealer while you still have enough energy to get it there!

The only simple and practical thing that comes to mind is a system reset (12V disconnect).
If that fails, get it booked into your dealer while you still have enough energy to get it there!
Tried the reset with no joy, luckily we have enough charge to get it there tomorrow, nightmare, car is running OK thankfully or it would have been the RAC😡😡😡

It's at the dealer let's see what comes back, the one thing I did notice was the silver charge pins at the top of the socket of the car, the one on the right is further back than the one on the left, can any one have a look for me to confirm if it should be, that would be much appreciated

Thought you were being cheeky there🤣🤣🤣
Sorry i was busy at work I should of gone on to say if the pilot wire is not making contact then you don't get charge on AC or DC if you have a dirty hole you may need to clean it 😜

I did notice was the silver charge pins at the top of the socket of the car, the one on the right is further back than the one on the left
Screenshot_20220818_162855.jpg

Like this is normal for type 2

Does the cable lock in, I was thinking maybe the plug locking pin is stuck.
If so, give the emergency release cable under the bonnet a tug to see if it frees it.

Does the cable lock in, I was thinking maybe the plug locking pin is stuck.
If so, give the emergency release cable under the bonnet a tug to see if it frees it.
It was the pin that was stuck, I did think it could be that, so I did all the usual pull it and wriggle the cable, I have had to use the emergency release a couple of times, and they recon it is faulty ( they managed to release it but are not happy it could happen again)they have ordered the part but not sure if it's only covered by 12 months warranty, will keep you informed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom