ms6189

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi guys

Tried to charge my mg4 at my usual 50kw geniepoint but was not charging . Tried a few more times but no result.

Tried another charging point (tesco) but no result same thing

Anyone experienced the same? If yes any ideas how to fix this

In the thread about the failed Gridserve charge, people are saying you have to "tell the car to start charging". I don't know how you do that, but whatever it is, it's worth a try.

In the thread about the failed Gridserve charge, people are saying you have to "tell the car to start charging". I don't know how you do that, but whatever it is, it's worth a try.
Tried it no luck

Have you tried it on a fast EVSE or just rapid chargers?
I tried on dc ccs fast charging point

Does it charge with your 'Granny' charger ? if not then back to your dealer if you can make it.
Or is this just a DC fast charging issue ?

its working at home with the granny charger just after trying the fast charging points but it maybe due to the rain we are gettting i dont know to be honest

Have you recently had a software update? I took my trophy in for a service last Wednesday and they did an update, after the update it was unable to connect to the HV networks and would only charge on granny and type 2. I’ve been in a courtesy car since - dealer seems to think it could be a couple of weeks before they get it sorted.

I have the same issue. Charging fine at home but has never been able to charge at any fast charge points. Waiting for MG to sort it. . Have only had the car a few weeks 🙄

No idea if this helps, but my MG4 Trophy gets itself in a twist if I have the scheduled charge enabled when I turn up at the charge point even if I press the start charge button on the screen. So I turn the scheduled charge off, get out of the car, lock the car then unlock it and start the charge process again and it is fine. It remains fine after that until I put the schedule charge on then it gets in a tangle again. Schedule charging works fine by the way, I just have to remember to reset it before using the charge point.

I have the same issue. Charging fine at home but has never been able to charge at any fast charge points. Waiting for MG to sort it. . Have only had the car a few weeks 🙄
If you have a problem where you are unable to charge on CCS, take it to the dealer and state it does not charge on CCS, they will investigate and probably do the EVCC service bulletin (a.k.a. by receptionists as a recall!). I had the same problem after an update.

I am hoping that the EVCC service bulletin was what I had on Monday. I've never not been able to charge on CCS, and I still can. Hopefully I've skipped the problem part.

Thank you, it's been so complicated to get sorted! Now booked in again with the garage for yet another update. There's some sort of recall going on as you said. Fingers crossed 🤞

I just tried both Gridserve and Applegreen chargers and got charged on both. The Gridserve was absolutely painless. I had a fair bit of hassle with the Applegreen, but it was all to do with the card readers that seemed to be playing up. Once it finally decided to take my card, we were in business and all proceeded satisfactorily.

Hi all,for those who remember my original post I got stranded on the M4 as my car wouldn't fast charge!
it's been a very long wait but I have finally picked up my car from the garage as it has now allegedly been fixed. Absolute nightmare as I lease it from the council who lease it from Arnold Clark who bought it from a dealership who obviously bought it from MG! Anyway it now charges. They have tested it but obviously I will now do so as well to double check. They replaced the ASM module?? I am extremely non-technical so have no idea about any of it. Apparently the first time they replaced the charging point thingy 😊 on the car it didn't work but what they have just fitted is super new and has worked.......

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back