Number of Videos displayed on infotainment display

STG

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi All,
I have a USB stick plugged into the front USB-C socket, on it I have 87 videos on this USB (along with approx 2000 mp3s).

When I select videos on the infotainment display the car only pulls up 25 videos on the lefthand side of the infotainment display whereas I was expecting the full 87 videos.

Is this a hard limit/ restriction that the car can not show any more?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they all the same format? Because with audio files the car will only find the files that are in formats it can read and I assume it's the same for video files. There is a list in the manual of what audio and video formats are supported, and if some of your videos are in a non-supported format they won't show up.

In addition to the above I would also try reducing the number of individual mp3's and see how you get on. I had a lot of mp3's on mine and while it scanned them all initially it would'nt then display them. I had to reduce the number and slowly build them up and keep checking they were all still showing. I reckon the limit is below 2000.

So basically a bit of trial and error starting from a low number and gradually building up 👍

Are they all the same format? Because with audio files the car will only find the files that are in formats it can read and I assume it's the same for video files. There is a list in the manual of what audio and video formats are supported, and if some of your videos are in a non-supported format they won't show up.
for example I'm pretty sure that 2160 ultra 4k is not supported, 1080 is the highest resolution you can go. (I'm prepared to be shot down in flames however!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies, I will delete a lots of stuff and see what happens etc.

The Videos are all AVIs all ripped from my Total Red Dwarf DVDs so it's all the codec etc.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back