Octopus Go prices have gone up again

I have had my renewal at 7.5p for the 11th of May, should i ignore it and hope that I roll over at 5p or just sign up for the new price now?

I have had my renewal at 7.5p for the 11th of May, should i ignore it and hope that I roll over at 5p or just sign up for the new price now?
I don't think it will just roll over I'm afraid and I'd definitely double check it's worth it for you (see my previous post about charging times to break even).

It's a shame no-one mentioned the forthcoming price rises. :D
Haha yes I know I know, but in my defence I only had my smart meter fitted a few weeks ago!

I was moved from Avro to Octopus when they went bust and end of February was the soonest they could fit the meters.

What is definitely my mistake is not signing up to Go immediately, which I didn't do because I wasn't expecting my car yet. Although, I still would have saved money on the referral and standing charge.

Hindsight is amazing 🙂

I needed the full fours hour during the winter to add enough for my daily commute not so bad now the weather is warmer, now adding out 30-35%.
Still worth it.

Octopus should have covered this in the email:

Should you choose not to renew, you'll roll onto Flexible Octopus, our always great value variable tariff, at the end of your fixed term.

Do nothing and you drop out of Go.

So I clicked on the link but the figures are not the same as quoted in the email. Basically they have gone up...🤔

So I clicked on the link but the figures are not the same as quoted in the email. Basically they have gone up...🤔
My guess is that the prices being quoted now are figures more in-line with the 53% increase after the 1st of April price cap.
Unless you are already locked into a ongoing fix right now, you will be paying the newer higher price !.

figures are based on your postcode area so will be different to mine that I quoted. Just hope you looked at the loaded list and didn't hit the 'get quote' button as those figures are frightening. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom