• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Octopus Go + Rolec smart charger

@DamianB if you haveln't already seen this have a look, more information on he original problem and solution

Thanks.

Latest news here is that my dealer has had a response to a ticket they raised with MG HQ and they now want the car back again for further software updates.....

Thanks.

Latest news here is that my dealer has had a response to a ticket they raised with MG HQ and they now want the car back again for further software updates.....
Finally it's worked! The dealer installed some specific updates in less than an hour yesterday, no idea why these were missed or not done previously.

I switched off the trickle-charge option in the app when I got home, plugged the car in and got the usual notification. Happy to report this morning that it worked and will ask for details so that I can share with anyone else who has this problem

Finally it's worked! The dealer installed some specific updates in less than an hour yesterday, no idea why these were missed or not done previously.

I switched off the trickle-charge option in the app when I got home, plugged the car in and got the usual notification. Happy to report this morning that it worked and will ask for details so that I can share with anyone else who has this problem
It was the EVCC module that was updated

Great news, it will feel like a new car again.
As I said in Post #22 it was the EVCC update that fixed this, i guess they didn't do it right first time.
All's well that ends well. :)

The Jan 2021 BMS update or EVCC to solve my issues with off peak charging as my vehicle still needs trickle charge to keep computer awake and also needs to be locked to AC charge, my dealer are not very good at doing software updates

The Jan 2021 BMS update or EVCC to solve my issues with off peak charging as my vehicle still needs trickle charge to keep computer awake and also needs to be locked to AC charge, my dealer are not very good at doing software updates
It's difficult I know, but when it comes to software updates, try and find a dealer ( as close as possible ) who has more experience in applying them correctly.
Some of the MG dealers are Nissan dealers as well.
They are likely to have more experienced EV Tech's, as they are use to working with the Leaf.
It's a whole new world of pain for the owner, when the software update is not carried out correctly.
Ask me how I know :eek:.

Yes my dealer is an Alpha / Jeep dealer also so I don’t think they are that experienced with software updates as I had to explain to them that I wanted the update to fix the issue I had and they wanted to try and sort out why the car was not charging and keep it overnight, I said not it’s just needs the update as it’s not been updated since August 2020

As mentioned elsewhere I will be switching to Go shortly and I have a Rolec smart charger at home.

It is not entirely obvious how to set it up for charging just between 12:30 and 04:30 on the app.

Is there anyone else with the same setup that can shed a little light ?

TIA
Do you not have the option to schedule in the MG.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom