Ohme - one charger, one account

ukslim

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just had my Ohme Pro charger fitted.

It seems - just like MG iSmart - it's linked to one account, and one account only. So my wife and I will need to share a login and password.

And I've signed up with Google, which means we can't even do that.

In general -- this is just unacceptable, isn't it? Families share cars and families share chargers. They shouldn't be sharing passwords, and especially shouldn't need to.

And specifically, if I delete my account and start again, is my charger going to show me the QR code again?

Someone on the SpeakEV forum mentioned this;

“It's fine I've got ohme to reset. Basically if you use your Google account android adds that Google account on to the device which means that Google account is in multiple devices.

So I just register with email instead using a random password.”

Someone on the SpeakEV forum mentioned this;

“It's fine I've got ohme to reset. Basically if you use your Google account android adds that Google account on to the device which means that Google account is in multiple devices.

So I just register with email instead using a random password.”
Poor show. But I'll have to go with it.

If you sign up with a Google account then you will have issues if you try to set up on Intelligent Octopus

I had the same issue with Osprey - got a free month of charging with ZoomEV, but signed up using Google so my wife couldn't use the same account.

Fortunately the support was great and re-applied the voucher on a new account.

... to be honest, once you've set it up (we use it for off peak charging only), you dont need the app. Just plug it in and it will sort out your overnight charge, if you want a quick boost, just plug in and press the button on the ohme unit.

EDIT: Having said this I can signin on 2 different iphones and use the apps on either:- it just said you already have an account, sign into google, and went straight into the account?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back