One pedal driving survey

Would you like the option of one pedal driving added to your MY 22 MG4, regardless of using it?

• Total voters
What's that got to do with one pedal driving?!
The poster said he is garnering interest to go to MG to try and get them to install it on phase 1 cars, seems obvious to me and factually MG UK don't give a toss so pretty relevant

It’s the standard response around here to most threads. Quickly getting used to it…..
You wanting one of my chips to go with your tissue?

Go on then - give me one of your chips that helps with the repetitive boring clique.
Never been in a clique before who are the other members, curious to know who my special pals are

I've put not, one of my perceived things is if you use one pedal driving all the time the brakes eventually cease up through lack of us, so if you use the brakes a little and often then this is then not an issue.
Most manufacturers recommend using the actual brakes daily to prevent a possible seize up. In the Audi e-tron I currently drive, most mornings (especially after rain when the discs are discoloured) I use the actual brakes for the first few stops to clean them off and then use high regen. The Audi won't come to a complete stop, but from what I've seen the OPD in the MG4 will bring it to a halt.

I want to try to get MG UK to incorporate one pedal driving into the MY22 cars, but need to show that it is wanted by a large enough group to try to get them to do so.
Is it yet known whether MY22 cars can be upgraded? I sold my MG4 recently but had a helpful dealer. MG on the other hand could not have been less helpful, in fact being actively unhelpful, many owner will corroborate this.

Have you asked your dealer to find out if MY22 cars can be updated? What was the response?

My dealer was very helpful and had asked the question when I last enquired 4 weeks ago and he said no information was available then either way. Might be possible, might not was the response, waiting for update….

I think most one pedal driving modes blend friction brakes with regen as you come to a stop anyway
I would have thought the friction brakes are applied mechanically via the use of the brake pedal. Do you have a source info link?

I don't mind if they add it, but I don't care. I'm perfectly happy with the car crawling.
Don't mind the crawling on mine, used to it from my dsg VW, so no change in driving style required

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back