One pedal driving survey

Would you like the option of one pedal driving added to your MY 22 MG4, regardless of using it?

• Total voters
From the outside looking in it does seem another unnecessary faff having to activate it, every time you get in the car.
It would make more sense to have it as the default and you could deactivate it

From the outside looking in it does seem another unnecessary faff having to activate it, every time you get in the car.
It would make more sense to have it as the default and you could deactivate it
Depends what you want. For those of us that don't like it, better it has to be activated.

Though far better to have a proper user profile system with one button to select driver/user.

Though far better to have a proper user profile system with one button to select driver/user.

This is a source of debate on the Cupra forum, as every journey start up gives you a screen message to change users and won’t go away until you press ok.
Bloody annoying when I and other owners will never, ever have another profile.
One profile should mean no option to change user message!

This is a source of debate on the Cupra forum, as every journey start up gives you a screen message to change users and won’t go away until you press ok.
Bloody annoying when I and other owners will never, ever have another profile.
One profile should mean no option to change user message!
Can you not stop that with the OBD11 thing you have?

Why would anyone care if it’s added if they’ve no intention of using it themselves..?
Really? They might decide to use it in the future, and even if they don’t, having the option makes the car potentially more desirable to a future buyer.

I doubt they will do it, Phase 2 selling point.
Having been their Guinea pigs and dealing with all of the early teething problems, there is a compelling argument to reward us, in some small way. Not only that, but providing better consistency can only increase the value and loyalty of owners.

I've put not, one of my perceived things is if you use one pedal driving all the time the brakes eventually cease up through lack of us, so if you use the brakes a little and often then this is then not an issue.
Del Boy. I talking about the option. You would not need to use it, unless you wanted to. You could keep it turned off. I’m only trying to get the functionality of it, on all cars, to give us all the choice, rather like adaptive cruise control.

You would think that would be an easy software update then, just needs willing on MGs part
Agreed, hence my thread and survey.

Good luck with that, have you ever had a reason to speak to MG UK customer service yet, useless and uninterested spring to mind
You just have to find the right person to email. The phones are handled by a sub contracted call centre that know precious little about the cars.

Really? They might decide to use it in the future, and even if they don’t, having the option makes the car potentially more desirable to a future buyer.

Hmmm, still taking time off work to get an update I’ve zero interest in myself.
The next owner can take off their work, I wouldn’t think it would be a ‘limited time’ update.

You just have to find the right person to email. The phones are handled by a sub contracted call centre that know precious little about the cars.
I forget what member it was but they emailed a director of some sorts still got punted to a certain person at MG customer service.
I was under the impression that MG customer service was in house, happy to be corrected

Bad enough trusting adaptive cruise, but I did and it was so good. Took me down to a dead stop at a junction and started off again. Doesn't accelerate with steering wheel turned though but you can use the the throttle pedal. If one pedal driving comes to fruition on the my22 cars, then the motor really has to lock up to brake, or, as the throttle is decreased, the brakes go on?

It's the brakes which bring you to a complete stop (with ACC). That's why OPD is physically possible with MY22 cars, and introduction would merely be a software change. :)

I know my MY22 SE SR doesn't engage auto-brake when ACC is in force, so on an uphill the car may try to roll back. (Depends on drive mode and steepness of the hill ... Sport mode tends to hold things better). I have no experience of OPD (in any vehicle, nevermind the MG4) so I can't answer your question, sorry.

I know my MY22 SE SR doesn't engage auto-brake when ACC is in force, so on an uphill the car may try to roll back. (Depends on drive mode and steepness of the hill ... Sport mode tends to hold things better). I have no experience of OPD (in any vehicle, nevermind the MG4) so I can't answer your question, sorry.
ACC alone or TJA?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel