Xiao Wazi

Established Member
Reaction score
Apparently one pedal driving mode is a thing with the newly released MY24 models.

1688424250445.png

Props go to

Mike Webb

on Facebook for the image

MY23 models.
And yes, it appears to be a feature on the R40 version infotainment build. R40 currently only coming on newly factory-built models. Would assume that if/when R40 gets to dealers and can be loaded, one-pedal driving can be added on MY22 models too. Might need to update the firmware on some hardware module for it to work also though.

MY23 models.
And yes, it appears to be a feature on the R40 version infotainment build. R40 currently only coming on newly factory-built models. Would assume that if/when R40 gets to dealers and can be loaded, one-pedal driving can be added on MY22 models too. Might need to update the firmware on some hardware module for it to work also though.
If you have the info on which hardware modules need to be updated can you share please?

If you have the info on which hardware modules need to be updated can you share please?
No idea, sorry. It doesn't appear that dealers have been sent this info/updates yet, so it's just speculation at the moment.
I'm collecting my car next weekend, so I'll ask then if they know, but I seemed to know more about the features available than the dealer when I was buying, so I won't hold my breath!!

I'm waiting for a MY23 hopefully mid-September delivery from Perrys. Be good to see an official update from MG on the changes. Apparently, the driver attention/anti-fatigue hump on steering column has gone. Other than that the other changes to the Trophy are the 18" wheels and colour match roof.

I'm waiting for a MY23 hopefully mid-September delivery from Perrys. Be good to see an official update from MG on the changes. Apparently, the driver attention/anti-fatigue hump on steering column has gone. Other than that the other changes to the Trophy are the 18" wheels and colour match roof.
Interesting that I have an MY22 model delivered a couple of weeks ago without the fatigue hump on the steering wheel.

Interesting that I have an MY22 model delivered a couple of weeks ago without the fatigue hump on the steering wheel.
Haha - shows how much the dealer knew then. I thought I'd seen YT vids and some had the hump and some didn't. Either way it seemed over sensitive, even though it's trying to help. Thanks for the update.

Surely it must just be a software upgrade without any parts needed replacing?
Tesla didn’t have one pedal driving until after OTA update.
It would be great though, it annoys me I have to shove the brake pedal everytime just to activate auto hold!

MG's recent announcement regarding the introduction of the one-pedal driving feature has certainly captured my attention. However, I noticed this functionality is only being publicized for the upcoming X-Power variant of the MG4, and there's no mention of it in the existing models. This leads me to wonder if this feature will be used to differentiate the variants across the MG4 range.

Personally, I am very keen on the one-pedal feature and would be willing to upgrade my current model to have it. However, the X-Power variant seems like a significant leap, possibly too extreme for my preferences. Additionally, the potential increase in insurance costs for such a high-powered vehicle is a daunting prospect.

Is there any possibility it might be included in less extreme, more affordable versions in the future?

I certainly hope so.

MG's recent announcement regarding the introduction of the one-pedal driving feature has certainly captured my attention. However, I noticed this functionality is only being publicized for the upcoming X-Power variant of the MG4, and there's no mention of it in the existing models. This leads me to wonder if this feature will be used to differentiate the variants across the MG4 range.

Personally, I am very keen on the one-pedal feature and would be willing to upgrade my current model to have it. However, the X-Power variant seems like a significant leap, possibly too extreme for my preferences. Additionally, the potential increase in insurance costs for such a high-powered vehicle is a daunting prospect.

Is there any possibility it might be included in less extreme, more affordable versions in the future?

I certainly hope so.

Thank You for the confirmation videos - I’m ready to buy - Do dealers have the new Model Year 23 ready for sale yet in the United Kingdom? - or - is this something I have to order - and if so, do I need to be specific that I want the refreshed Trophy version - as I assume there will be existing Trophy's still out in the market

Thank You for the confirmation videos - I’m ready to buy - Do dealers have the new Model Year 23 ready for sale yet in the United Kingdom? - or - is this something I have to order - and if so, do I need to be specific that I want the refreshed Trophy version - as I assume there will be existing Trophy's still out in the market
More MY23 are starting to show on Auto Trader. To save money you can join MG Car Club for £50 and then join MG Affinity programme and save a lot of money. Join the Affinity first to see savings.

More MY23 are starting to show on Auto Trader. To save money you can join MG Car Club for £50 and then join MG Affinity programme and save a lot of money. Join the Affinity first to see savings.
Interesting. For my own reasons, do you have further details on this please?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back