One Pedal Driving

I have a brand new MG4 and this happened to me and I was down at 68% with the message appearing - keep trying to get it to toggle this morning after 3 tries it accepted and toggled on and this afternoon every time its switched on. Maybe needed a bit of coaxing lol

Rob

I have a brand new MG4 and this happened to me and I was down at 68% with the message appearing - keep trying to get it to toggle this morning after 3 tries it accepted and toggled on and this afternoon every time its switched on. Maybe needed a bit of coaxing lol

Rob
this morning I tried to enable it 4 times but there was nothing to do, but this evening when I went out it was activated on the first attempt

Hello all, I have the MG4 SR late '23 model with one pedal driving but it's driving me crazy as it only works sporadically - a message comes up "Unavailable, low charge power" Anyone come across/have a solution, please?

It varies by conditions too, I’ve seen it over 90
In summer I think but winter it’s low 80s sometimes. Recently it’s been 88%

Could it be related to the driving modes you choose ?? ... or are you sticking to the same mode each time ? I think temperature also affects the threshold. Mine is usually available below 90% charge but when it was very cold it dropped to the mid 80%'s IIRRC.

Today, I saw -20% regen with OPD. I never saw such percentages with regen mode 3.
I can imagine that at low temps the battery cannot manage the load, particularly if the battery is already loaded at the top end (>80%). So it disables OPD, or even regen mode 3.

In respect of regen level (in a non-OPD car) ... when lightly pressing the brake pedal I've seen 25% regen on the display; that's the maximum it goes to I believe.

Could it be related to the driving modes you choose ?? ... or are you sticking to the same mode each time ? I think temperature also affects the threshold. Mine is usually available below 90% charge but when it was very cold it dropped to the mid 80%'s IIRRC.
I usually set to Eco mode but it can happen in normal mode. Have you had the message, white text on black background "Unavailable, low charge power"

I usually set to Eco mode but it can happen in normal mode. Have you had the message, white text on black background "Unavailable, low charge power"
When and where do you get that message ? ... and what was your % state of charge ?

The only message I remember is the standard one when trying to turn OPD on at 100% in the MG Pilot screen. On a cold day this standard message came on even at around 86% IIRC which surprised me but it's not done it since with the warmer and wetter weather.

When and where do you get that message ? ... and what was your % state of charge ?

The only message I remember is the standard one when trying to turn OPD on at 100% in the MG Pilot screen. On a cold day this standard message came on even at around 86% IIRC which surprised me but it's not done it since with the warmer and wetter weather.
While on the driving screen the message pops up like a dialogue box on a computer. I'll check when the SOC between 75% & 90%. Thanks for your input.

Yes I get this message but only when my state of charge is 90% or greater (slightly lower when very cold). Once my battery is below 90% SoC at 10c temperature I don't get the message and OPD will turn on 👍

IMG_3007.jpg

Yes I get this message but only when my state of charge is 90% or greater (slightly lower when very cold). Once my battery is below 90% SoC at 10c temperature I don't get the message and OPD will turn on 👍

View attachment 22688
My Trophy LR wouldn’t accept One Pedal mode yesterday @ 80%. mind you it was very cold. Odd though!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back