Ora Cat would you consider

I have been thinking about (but never be able to afford) the benefit of having a smaller cheaper EV for my wife when she drops the kids off at nursery. Something a bit smaller so she can find space. This sort of looked like it could fit two Isofix in the back without crushing the kids.

But she's not a fan of cars that aim for women, she likes cars to look a little meaner 🙃
I think that’s the reasoning behind the GT trim. Look the part without extra insurance costs and no increased acceleration, top speed etc. that you cannot use anyway.

I think that’s the reasoning behind the GT trim. Look the part without extra insurance costs and no increased acceleration, top speed etc. that you cannot use anyway.
Still a bit too happy from the front though I think

More variety is always welcome and the one thing I do like is they seem to be packing in the tech at a strong price!

What would have made Chorley hypothetically pick Ora over other Chinese manufactures looking to break into the UK?

More variety is always welcome and the one thing I do like is they seem to be packing in the tech at a strong price!

What would have made Chorley hypothetically pick Ora over other Chinese manufactures looking to break into the UK?
Support from a UK distributor which we already deal with on another marque.

My initial response was the Porsche-esque front however I need to see it in the metal before finalising judgement. New car tax disappeared about 30 years ago…..

A dealership that covers more than one marque is quite common.
My local MG dealer also sells Citroen.

Good replacement for our second car (Suzuki Swift) however that is so entertaining to drive it would be a hard sell.

I don't about those ,but still the car is more than double the Chinese price.
Ora cat with 46kwh battery pack, landing cost is £14000 in China.
Ora car GT with 59kwh battery pack, landing cost is £18000 in China. (with 2 extra options installed)

I believe the markup is little high in UK, but there is another reason: to promote the sales of new energy vehicles, China government subsidize the electric car vendor. the value is about 10% of the price.

Longer range (> 400KM=250miles) cars got more subsidy.

MG ZS EV with 44kwh battery did not reach 250 miles range and it was less subsidized. next year it will be even less, so MG ZS EV was sold very cheap now.

Well there's quite a few videos around relating to this car, and here's another one

I don't know if I heard him right but I'm sure he says the top of the range price, in China presumably, is $22,000 (£16,000).

So when we take my wife's very low mileage 8 year old Skoda Citigo across to Miles I'll be expecting him to give us change :)

I like it more every time I see it.

Not real world figures then, but the comparison between vehicles is still valid.

Using Chinese official measurements, called NEDC:
Ora good cat with 46kwh battery: 5.45m/kWh
Ora good cat GT with 59kwh battery: 5.1m/kWh
MG ZS EV with 44kwh battery: 4.76m/kWh
The MG5 is around 1 m/kWh better than the ZS, so it looks to be about the same as the 5.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom