Outside air temperature and MG 4

Mo1965

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi guys,
Is there an outside air temperature in MG 4 SE?
Got the car over a week ago, brand new. In the manual it shows it, but there is no option in any of the settings (infotainment).
Thanks
Mo

As i am not alone with R16 and missing Temps, i assume it is not an installation error, but as you suggest a software bug.
Maybe it gets resolved by the next iteration.

Mine is an SE SR and has both radio station name on the left and outside temperature on the right, has always been that way both before and after all the software updates.

You have a radio station logo - how’d you manage that? I didn’t think the car had those?

Oh and rubbish that the display doesn’t show outside temp, it should do

Also intrigued by this. Don't think I've seen radio logos on any other photographs of the infotainment system. I'm expecting it to be one of the things to slightly annoy me.

just to amuse you, how would you like an MG 4 with over 400 miles range????
Just do the math, the software on this car reminds me of the development of Microsoft windows software (in 90s) where the user did the debuging for free!!!!
"From Last Charge"; never reset itself and carried on adding....

20230328_151602.jpg

You have a radio station logo - how’d you manage that? I didn’t think the car had those?

Oh and rubbish that the display doesn’t show outside temp, it should do

All I did, created a list of favorite stations. Then whenever a station from the favorite list is selected, would show the relevant logo if there is one.

All I did, created a list of favorite stations. Then whenever a station from the favorite list is selected, would show the relevant logo if there is one.
Interesting, thanks (y)

just to amuse you, how would you like an MG 4 with over 400 miles range????
Just do the math, the software on this car reminds me of the development of Microsoft windows software (in 90s) where the user did the debuging for free!!!!
"From Last Charge"; never reset itself and carried on adding....

View attachment 16377
Either another glitch, or maybe it works off the last 100% charge…

That’s another confirmed R13 with the temp showing
Its all very clear now, Mine which was on R13 SE SR had the outdoor temp before but I took it in for 12v battery dead bug update/oil leak breather tube fitting 1 weeks ago and after I lost the outdoor temp reporting and was told there was a big update that has just been released and I need to rebook the car for today, just dropped the car off about 2 hours ago will report on if I get the outdoor sensor .

Its all very clear now, Mine which was on R13 SE SR had the outdoor temp before but I took it in for 12v battery dead bug update/oil leak breather tube fitting 1 weeks ago and after I lost the outdoor temp reporting and was told there was a big update that has just been released and I need to rebook the car for today, just dropped the car off about 2 hours ago will report on if I get the outdoor sensor .
my Software is R16 on my SR SE, would be interesting to see after your update the software version and if the Temp reading is back

Let's see if @skynett's further update fixes this issue, and see what actual version has been installed. (Currently R16).
I have collected my Car and Infotainment still shows R16 while MCU still shows 69.1.0.9.

I have requested for a list of additions/removal from the update or whatever was contained in the update and the dealer said he will send it to me later today as busy with other stuffs at the moment.

But sadly the outdoor temp reporting still not fixed.

I have collected my Car and Infotainment still shows R16 while MCU still shows 69.1.0.9.

I have requested for a list of additions/removal from the update or whatever was contained in the update and the dealer said he will send it to me later today as busy with other stuffs at the moment.

But sadly the outdoor temp reporting still not fixed.
Thanks for the details. I do have R16 MPU software. On a minor point MCU revision in my car is 69.1.1.1.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back