Outside air temperature and MG 4

Mo1965

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi guys,
Is there an outside air temperature in MG 4 SE?
Got the car over a week ago, brand new. In the manual it shows it, but there is no option in any of the settings (infotainment).
Thanks
Mo

Hi guys,
Is there an outside air temperature in MG 4 SE?
Got the car over a week ago, brand new. In the manual it shows it, but there is no option in any of the settings (infotainment).
Thanks
Mo
Hi Guys,
Thank you all for participation and sharing your experience. From what I gather the problem I have is to do with the software, which hopefully is resolved soon. To be honest I have experienced other software issues (infotainment), which I will share the details in time.
All the best,
Mo

All I did, created a list of favorite stations. Then whenever a station from the favorite list is selected, would show the relevant logo if there is one.

Tried this. I trust you mean a favourites list created and stored as per the this photo?

No joy for me. No sign of any radio logos (on R30 entertainment version) 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• PXL_20230404_173104837.jpg
    PXL_20230404_173104837.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 197
Tried this. I trust you mean a favourites list created and stored as per the this photo?

No joy for me. No sign of any radio logos (on R30 entertainment version) 🤷‍♂️
Yes That is correct. Although I don't think you need the favorite list! The station you are playing must have a logo otherwise it won't show anything other than a name. BBCs don't appear to have a Logo, Sam Radio in Bristol has, hence it is displayed on the home page and the Radio screen. I have attached 4 photos, Two for BBC and two for Sam FM.

20230405_131103.jpg

20230405_131136.jpg

20230405_131211.jpg

20230405_131233.jpg

Yes That is correct. Although I don't think you need the favorite list! The station you are playing must have a logo otherwise it won't show anything other than a name. BBCs don't appear to have a Logo, Sam Radio in Bristol has, hence it is displayed on the home page and the Radio screen. I have attached 4 photos, Two for BBC and two for Sam FM.

Odd that a relatively obscure channel has the logo, yet the BBC channels do not!

Yeah, I’m not seeing (SE LR) the outside air temperature either, even though the car warned me (correctly) this morning of icy driving conditions. I haven’t been able to find any setting that will bring up the outside temperature display. I’m wondering if we need a smart phone connected in order to see it.
Most cars at 4degrees C and below give an ice warning. I suppose it‘s just set to be cautious! Permanent item north of the border I guess…

I have collected my Car and Infotainment still shows R16 while MCU still shows 69.1.0.9.

I have requested for a list of additions/removal from the update or whatever was contained in the update and the dealer said he will send it to me later today as busy with other stuffs at the moment.

But sadly the outdoor temp reporting still not fixed.
So due to an issue i was having where my rear offside tyre was always reporting low pressure, I booked it in and took in on 4th of August, I had to wait until the next day to collect due to some Internet issues at the dealership.

Ever since I collected the car LKA is now no longer staying off, nearly had a crash for me to realise this is the case.

Here is my current version my previous version is in the quoted text. Anyone knows if this is reversible?

Attachments

• IMG_20230804_104803.jpg
    IMG_20230804_104803.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 155
Here is my current version my previous version is in the quoted text. Anyone knows if this is reversible?
No it's not. If you find you can't live with it you will either have to get into the habit of turning it off every time you get into the car or if it's really aggressive ask the dealer to recalibrate the camera.

Ever since I collected the car LKA is now no longer staying off, nearly had a crash for me to realise this is the case.

The version of the Infotainment does not relate to any LKA behaviour. Because of mandatory regulations the LKA has to be default on when you drive off. This seems to have been "rectified" with your vehicle.

That said there is an update for the LKA which renders it really usable for everyday use. Mine was absymal when I got the car, but really fine after the update. You should have this LKA update applied by your dealer. It will be ok then.

The version of the Infotainment does not relate to any LKA behaviour. Because of mandatory regulations the LKA has to be default on when you drive off. This seems to have been "rectified" with your vehicle.

That said there is an update for the LKA which renders it really usable for everyday use. Mine was absymal when I got the car, but really fine after the update. You should have this LKA update applied by your dealer. It will be ok then.
This is the first I have read of an available update for the LKA that makes it useable. Is this update available for UK cars or only available in Europe? Have any UK owners had this upgrade applied, and if so, did it make the system useable?

(sorry to hijack topic relating to temperature display)

This is the first I have read of an available update for the LKA that makes it useable. Is this update available for UK cars or only available in Europe? Have any UK owners had this upgrade applied, and if so, did it make the system useable?

(sorry to hijack topic relating to temperature display)
There has been a few reports of the LKA being vastly improved after an update in the UK, but people also reporting no difference. As @Ian Key mentions above it may be solved by re-calibration of the camera, but then again it might not!

It's a mysterious world in MG systems and I'm not sure anyone, including MG, really knows the consequences of any of the changes they make.

My early SE SR LKA stays off permanently and I'd rather they didn't mess with it, but my 15,000 mile service is coming up in a couple of weeks so who knows what will happen afterwards.

Yes. Infotainment software version ending in R33 for the SE appears to fix it.

Version R13 is fine, and quite a few cars still have that. The display vanished with the advent of R16, and the next one along, I think it was R21, didn't restore it. (Although at least one person said they had ̊C showing but no actual number.)

Tell your dealer it's a safety issue and you want it fixed. You'll probably get R33. I would seriously not want to be driving at the moment without that display. It would be like being back in the 1970s.

Note that the display appears on the infotainment screen. It should really be on the driver's screen, maybe next to the time, but at least it's there if you get the right software.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back