Overnight Granny Charging

DanLH

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm collecting my SE SR on Friday and until I get my Zappi installed I am going to make do with the granny charger to top up. I've already moved over to the Octopus Go tariff which gives me cheaper rates between 12:30am and 4:30am so I want to take advantage of that.

My question is, does the iSmart app allow you to set charging times so that I can plug the car in of an evening and it will only charge itself during a time that I set (ie when the electricity is cheapest in the middle of the night), or can I only start/stop the charging manually through the app?

TIA

I would echo what Diggsy says - preferably use the Zappi to schedule charging - I'm not sure if setting a schedule in the car would affect the charging at a public charger where you probably need it to start charging straight away.

I've heard so much about plugs overheating (although to be fair mine stays stone cold), I'd be nervous about adding another layer of connections to the circuit, to be honest.

I'm collecting my SE SR on Friday and until I get my Zappi installed I am going to make do with the granny charger to top up. I've already moved over to the Octopus Go tariff which gives me cheaper rates between 12:30am and 4:30am so I want to take advantage of that.

My question is, does the iSmart app allow you to set charging times so that I can plug the car in of an evening and it will only charge itself during a time that I set (ie when the electricity is cheapest in the middle of the night), or can I only start/stop the charging manually through the app?

TIA
Yes it does. You can set scheduled charging. Plug in and car will only charge within the times you set

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back