Paint removal!

Just washed my new mg4 when removing some bird droppings it’s brought the paint off told it’s not covered in the warranty.any body else had this problem
Yes, but not to the paint, but to the outer surround to the door rubber trim - no major issue as its just cosmetic, these modern pressure washers can be very powerful on its max "focussed" setting

EDIT: Pearl black also: but the paint survived - same issue:

Attachments

• IMG_4897 (2).jpeg
    IMG_4897 (2).jpeg
    663.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Just washed my new mg4 when removing some bird droppings it’s brought the paint off told it’s not covered in the warranty.any body else had this problem

Yup, had it on my wifes Volvo XC60. Bird droppings can be extremely damaging to your clear coat/paint, I feel your pain. It wont be covered by warranty as you now know. I keep a pack of these Autoglym Bird Dropping Wipes in my cars now, get rid of it as soon as you notice.

Yes, but not to the paint, but to the outer surround to the door rubber trim - no major issue as its just cosmetic, these modern pressure washers can be very powerful on its max "focussed" setting

EDIT: Pearl black also: but the paint survived - same issue:
Has someone near you been breading pterodactyls

Yup, had it on my wifes Volvo XC60. Bird droppings can be extremely damaging to your clear coat/paint, I feel your pain. It wont be covered by warranty as you now know. I keep a pack of these Autoglym Bird Dropping Wipes in my cars now, get rid of it as soon as you notice.
I take it you recommend these wipes then? Was thinking of grabbing a box.

This stuff and a microfibre cloth is great. Spray on, leave for a bit to do it’s magic, then gently wipe off…sorted
I use bits of paper towel on hardened bits to stop it running down on vertical surfaces.

I think those wipes are a bit expensive at £7.99 for 10 wipes thats 79.9p per wipe.

I find them excellent and good value. Could spend £8 on two coffees.
That’s true !.
You don’t get much for a tenner these days 🤣.
Five pounds notes have become pretty useless, as they will buy you bugger all !.
My daughter was at the airport this morning, they were asking nine quid for a bacon 🥓 roll !.
There’s me thinking Dick Turpin was dead, obviously not !.
That’s proper inflation for you.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel