parasitic draw

Jef

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Roof of MG4 in the frost this morning, anyone else had this?

Attachments

• 20230118_093625.jpg
    20230118_093625.jpg
    643.1 KB · Views: 120
It's above the interior light and emergency assist unit, and has happened every frosty morning, but not before connecting with the ismart app.

It's above the interior light and emergency assist unit, and has happened every frosty morning, but not before connecting with the ismart app.
Are you charging your vehicle? Perhaps there is some protective circuitry or an overload in that spot.

Ok you said it only occurs when you connect to iSMART to defrost/demist? So like I said I wonder if something comes on up in the roof area?

Ok you said it only occurs when you connect to iSMART to defrost/demist? So like I said I wonder if something comes on up in the roof area?
I am guessing that perhaps the unit above the interior light handles internet connection, hence has a processor producing enough heat to melt the morning frost coating. I have not read anything about a similar thing happening to other vehicles but I cannot be the only owner parking outside, and no the cabin had not been pre-heated before I took the picture but iSMART had been used about half an hour previously to check the outside temperature.
Car is MG4 SE SR.

I agree - but you really would not notice it if there was no frost - and unless you were looking from an upstairs window, which I assume you are, it would not be seen. Remember, your home internet hub get warm so could be the answer.

Is It a roof heater for little birdies to warm their cold feet on a frosty day?
Don’t be silly - it’s a tiny alien 👽 saucer that landed on the roof of his car! They came to invade but when they saw our superior technology in car building - they left in a hurry just leaving the burner marks from liftoff.

And it was too cold for them!!!

Is it just where a support joins the roof? This would defrost quicker than other areas. On the pic the edges have already started to defrost.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back