Parking charges at MFG Thirsk

gwig66

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Beware the need to register in the shop if you expect to stay more than 30 minutes. EURO CAR PARKS will fine you £100 if you stay longer and my charge took 38 minutes, plus 20 minutes setting up on 3 different chargers.

I saw a sign on a rapid hub that said to register your vehicle if staying for over 30 minutes and like you say it can take a few minutes to get the app or charger to work

I saw a sign on a rapid hub that said to register your vehicle if staying for over 30 minutes and like you say it can take a few minutes to get the app or charger to work
Lucky you! I will be looking at signage very carefully in future after my expensive experience at MFG Thursk/Euro Car Parks

Thank you. I'm enjoying the sympathy and surprise at the rules, whilst hopefully alerting others.
The pain of the fine is ever so slightly subsiding.

Supermarkets have parking restrictions too and can vary from 90 minutes to 3 hours.
It's ok if you pull up and connect straight away to a rapid charger but not if you have to wait for it to become available or use a fast EVSE.

My son received a fine there last month, he did notify them of being longer than 30 mins they took his reg etc and still issued a fine, I believe you will get a fine whatever if you are over 30 mins, absolutely disgusting

When we asked regarding the impact on the services, euro parks said they couldn’t careless and the services refused to deal with it even though they had taken details and promised to deal.

Avoid MFG sites at all costs unless you want a fine!

Thanks for the heads up. I stopped at a shell garage just off the M25 st Alban's and noticed a sign warning max 30 minutes stay. Just needed the loo but there was a long queue for the chargers.

I wonder how many people get fined. Seems a daft rule if you are spending money.

1 They ain't "fines". They're invoices for some kind of contractual arrangement The Driver entered into.

2 Do not even hint at the identity of the driver in any appeal (or request for help online -see later). You appeal as The Keeper or Registered Keeper as appropriate and you explain what The Driver did. No "I' , "me", "the wife" or "the cats mother".

3 Visit the Private Parking and Clamping forums at FightBack Forums (yes, I know private clamping has been illegal for over 10 years but that's what the page was called at the time).

4 Have a look at a few live cases to get a look and feel (ooer missus)

5 Create a new thread for your ticket, noting (2) above - some parking companies have waved printouts of forum posts in court.

Be warned, Pepipoo may well disappear into Internet limbo later this year as the people responsible for renewing the domain seem to have lost interest. There is, however, a new, direct replacement getting off the ground at FreeTrafficLegalAdvice - Index so go and check that out too.

Whatever you do, don't go all FMOTL. That loses cases. These guys do tend to win (and will explain why if they think it's a no-hoper)

Last edited:
I think the government should step in here if they wish us to use EV with a fare parking when charging cars. No point having chargers then you can only stay 30 minute, it’s good that some of the charger company’s do over stay charge to try to stop people staying on the charger when the car is full.

The Government should outlaw this kind of disgraceful practice that certain carparks have been allowed to setup. I believe that all political parties know this is bad practice and I think it will be outlawed soon. However, in the mean time spread the word not to park in or use the chargers in these places.

I have done so in my local area to friernds and family as well as advised a few visitors who asked about local chargers. It seems rediculus to me that some will use these chargers (very few by the way at my local MFG) when there are chargers within a 1/2 mile distance at a third of the price and longer and cheaper parking.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom