Passenger Side Leak?

Deleted member 8539

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I’m wondering if anyone can help me? I have returned to my MG ZS EV (latest iteration) today to find the passenger side floor sodden and smelly. I have of course checked all immediate areas including the glove compartment and underneath to see if anything is dripping and all appears dry so my guess is whatever it is, it’s seeping up into the car.

Any ideas what could be hidden in this area?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 69CA173A-2BD1-4E8C-9145-15B6E6ECC4E2.jpeg
    69CA173A-2BD1-4E8C-9145-15B6E6ECC4E2.jpeg
    825.3 KB · Views: 153
Repair centre said it was the air-con drain that was blocked.

Weeks after I am now having an issue with my windscreen fogging. Air circulation is set to come from outside and tried matching the temperature inside and out but it appears only putting the AC on max clears it.

Please help

Attachments

• BD513592-651E-4371-9B1C-50FF8DD8199B.jpeg
    BD513592-651E-4371-9B1C-50FF8DD8199B.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 106
Might be the start of the problem recurring...

Google "plenum chamber condensation"

Essentially when warm air gets chilled by the aircon, it cannot carry as much moisture as when it was warm, so that excess moisture condenses out & on cars is collected in a plenum chamber. What's supposed to happen is the plenum chamber drains out onto the road & the now cooler & drier air is fed into the cabin. If the plenum chamber drain becomes blocked the chamber starts to fill with water & then air going through it in certain circumstances picks up moisture which then condenses on the next coldest thing it meets - Like a windscreen.

In extreme cases the plenum chamber gets so full it overflows as you have experienced...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom