PCP or cash?

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Whilst here on hols, I called in at a MG dealer to ask a couple of questions I was finding difficult to translate to my French dealer.
On asking about UK deliveries , the reply was , No problems , they are arriving all the time.
Is there a preference for PCP customers or outright buyers? Reply , the large PCP companies who order multiple units get first priority followed by private PCP individuals using MG and lastly outright cash buyers.
How does the phone connect to the car, ie, when switching off the car, is the car completely dead or is their a small electrical drain where the car is waiting for contact from the phone? Reply dunno mate I just sell em, have you tried the forums.
In contrast a friend we were stopping with had a problem with a Toyota Aygo ( 5 years old) we took it to the local dealer who was quite busy , but within 15 minutes put a OBD meter on it , found the problem , and booked it in for next week and said it would be free of charge plus a courtesy car. I would hope MG should take note, but I have a feeling that any subsequent replies this post receives may dispel any positive thoughts I have on this.

Whilst here on hols, I called in at a MG dealer to ask a couple of questions I was finding difficult to translate to my French dealer.
On asking about UK deliveries , the reply was , No problems , they are arriving all the time.
Is there a preference for PCP customers or outright buyers? Reply , the large PCP companies who order multiple units get first priority followed by private PCP individuals using MG and lastly outright cash buyers.
How does the phone connect to the car, ie, when switching off the car, is the car completely dead or is their a small electrical drain where the car is waiting for contact from the phone? Reply dunno mate I just sell em, have you tried the forums.
In contrast a friend we were stopping with had a problem with a Toyota Aygo ( 5 years old) we took it to the local dealer who was quite busy , but within 15 minutes put a OBD meter on it , found the problem , and booked it in for next week and said it would be free of charge plus a courtesy car. I would hope MG should take note, but I have a feeling that any subsequent replies this post receives may dispel any positive thoughts I have on this.
It's always good to be optimistic 👍

Here we go then.... for balance, my experiences of MG customer service has so far left an awful lot to be desired. Their main HO is staffed by 40 people I believe. Dealers are all franchises.
When reporting a warped rear under tray on my car to MG HO, I was told it was due to the shape of the car and they will not fix it !...
My local dealer has no service & parts department, so they want me to go into Volvo next door for servicing & parts.

So others have told me to try my luck with another dealer who may help. Right now, I am questioning the quality of the car which gives me longevity concerns, plus MG dealer experience appears to be hit & miss. As to whether this will improve with MG, who knows, but I am certain MG will be looking to keep costs down as much as possible, hopefully not continuing to forgo customer care.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back