Physical log book

Dino

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi
So when I collected my MG5 SR I got given the little black leatherette folder with the manuals in, but I didn’t really look at them till I got home. I then realised that there is nowhere to record the services or to confirm the radio code etc.
I spoke to the dealer and they said there is no physical log book anymore as services are logged on the MG system.
Has anyone else got a physical log book?
It seems odd to me that there isn’t one and I’m worried it is lost in a drawer at the dealer!
Thanks

I presume for warranty purposes they state only authorised places can do the service and they’ll have access to the database. But what happens once you are out of warranty and want to go elsewhere? Dacia and Renault have it stitched up where only main dealer or authorised mechanic can rest the service light and I presume other makes do similar things to get you tied into dealer service
I thought that as long as any service was done with original parts it was OK to use an independent without any risk to warrantee. Or is that gone now we are not in the EU?

Upvote 0
I thought that as long as any service was done with original parts it was OK to use an independent without any risk to warrantee. Or is that gone now we are not in the EU?
But will an independent extend your AA cover for another year and give you a free Teddy bear ?

Upvote 0
You can still take your car to an independent EV repairer of course.
But as @Kithmo has correctly said, don't forget you will need to factor in the FULL price of recovery service for your car on top !.

Upvote 0
Which is great, until you want to sell the car through a non MG dealer and you can’t prove that it’s got full service history! And where is the radio code if it needs any work. All this is no concern for now while it’s in warranty but it doesn’t seem good if you want to keep it longer
Get the dealer to print off the service record and keep invoices.

Upvote 0
What AA cover & teddy bear?

I have free breakdown cover anyway!
It's called Roadside Assistance but is in fact full cover. Renews for another year when you have a service done.
Is your free breakdown cover the sort that you pay each month for on a bank account ?:) and is it full cover?

Upvote 0
It's called Roadside Assistance but is in fact full cover. Renews for another year when you have a service done.
Is your free breakdown cover the sort that you pay each month for on a bank account ?:) and is it full cover?

Bank account cover and Europe wide so better than this..

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom