Plasti Dip your MG5

GunplaMad

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and have just ordered my MG 5 which is coming next month.

I have ordered some ArmorAll which is a alternative to the Plastic Dip line and is selling really cheap on this website for £12.99 for 6 X 6oz cans. This is the equivalent to three plastic dip cans which normal cost £12 for one can.

I have ordered 12 cans to do the job.

6x ArmorAll Spray On Peel Off Car Paint & Body Protection Spray Black

So my plan is to cover the chrome on the window trims and rear of the car including chrome logos.

Going to do the complete grill and chrome trims on the front end of the car but very carefully masking the charging port area.

The front grill is the only place on the car that I don't like to much with the high gloss black and chrome finish.

Also this area being so exposed to the road could be damaged so the ArmorAll / Plasti Dip will also add protection to this area.

Also going to dip the wheels black as well but with a dip super glossifier I already have.

No need for buying new alloys and I hope this will also protect the alloys as it has in the past for my other cars.

And to top of all this, I will also be getting tinting done to the windows.

Seen a good image of a MG 5 tinted by a local company.

If anyone hasn't seen or do e Plasti dipping than I recommend DipYourCar YouTube Channel below.

DipYourCar

I will be hopefully getting the MG 5 mid May so I will update you all with some images by the end of May early June.

If you have done any dipping please take an image and share it below.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1618874984118.jpg
    FB_IMG_1618874984118.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 217
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and have just ordered my MG 5 which is coming next month.

I have ordered some ArmorAll which is a alternative to the Plastic Dip line and is selling really cheap on this website for £12.99 for 6 X 6oz cans. This is the equivalent to three plastic dip cans which normal cost £12 for one can.

I have ordered 12 cans to do the job.

6x ArmorAll Spray On Peel Off Car Paint & Body Protection Spray Black

So my plan is to cover the chrome on the window trims and rear of the car including chrome logos.

Going to do the complete grill and chrome trims on the front end of the car but very carefully masking the charging port area.

The front grill is the only place on the car that I don't like to much with the high gloss black and chrome finish.

Also this area being so exposed to the road could be damaged so the ArmorAll / Plasti Dip will also add protection to this area.

Also going to dip the wheels black as well but with a dip super glossifier I already have.

No need for buying new alloys and I hope this will also protect the alloys as it has in the past for my other cars.

And to top of all this, I will also be getting tinting done to the windows.

Seen a good image of a MG 5 tinted by a local company.

If anyone hasn't seen or do e Plasti dipping than I recommend DipYourCar YouTube Channel below.

DipYourCar

I will be hopefully getting the MG 5 mid May so I will update you all with some images by the end of May early June.

If you have done any dipping please take an image and share it below.
It will only resist weather for up to three months....so your going to plastic coat every three months??
Surely vinyl is a better long term option?

It will only resist weather for up to three months....so your going to plastic coat every three months??
Surely vinyl is a better long term option?
It recommends three months but I have had Plasti Dip on wheels for nearly a year with no problems even in the lovely Scottish elements.

Normally have changed the colour of the alloys everything for a different look.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom