Plastic Wheel Trim

So having the new Mg Zs ev Trophy model, the plastic wheel trims are quite fiddly to get off if you need to change a wheel for puncture’s etc.
Being in the cold weather, the plastic to me feels like it would break if to much pressure is given.
As anyone tried taking them off yet.
Morning, may I ask how you are getting on with it? Any issues/faults. I've had one on order since November. There's a post on the forum where some are having problems with fast charging. One poor chap picked his up drove 12 miles & had to rapid charge (because the dealer had not done this). The car ended up being recovered back to the dealer 😱. Not a good start of ownership for them.

I don’t have this model but a lot of you seem to have broken them, are they fit for purpose? Most of us will need to remove a wheel at some point hence my question.

Hair drier to take off washing up liquid to put back on. Cable ties to stop the scrots from nicking em🤔🤔

Yes I eventually made a slim piece of wood to go behind trim to pry off. Pulling straight off will split them
@mel .
Do you still have one of the broken trims ?.
If so, could you please take a photo of the BACK of the trim, that will show the retainer clip locations ?.
This may give other owners a chance to study where the clips are located, then that will help them hopefully remove the trim without breaking them !.
If you just yank on the trim from the front, does it split the face of the trim or snap off one of the four retaining lugs ?.
Probably split the trim itself is my guess !.
I wonder how the tech’s in the garage intend removing them without breaking them ?.
Breaking / replacing them could turn out an expensive process if they are that brittle.

Thanks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom