POLL > Which ZS EV will you be getting?

Which colour and spec of the new ZS EV will you be getting?

• SE - White

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • SE - Black

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • SE - Blue

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SE - Silver

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SE - Red

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Trophy - White

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Trophy - Black

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Trophy - Blue

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Trophy - Silver

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Trophy - Red

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Trophy connect - White

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Trophy connect - Black

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Trophy connect - Blue

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Trophy connect - Silver

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Trophy connect - Red

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
White trophy ordered yesterday. Coming from 9 years of Nissan Leaf. 2013 Leaf 24kwh, 2016 Leaf 30kwh and 2018 Leaf 40kwh Tekna

Last edited:
Trophy trim, finished in Battersea Blue.
Maybe include if you are upgrading from the previous ZS EV model ?.
( We currently have a Dynamic Red Gen1 Exclusive ).

I have the red one on order but I must say I'm tempted by the silver now I've seen it.

We have the blue one on order. Not seen a blue one in real life, fancied the black one too.
Saw my first ones in real life today and had a test drive. They had the red and the silver. Didn't like the silver. The red was ok.

Had my second (of the week) test today at a different dealer. It was a red Trophy Connect. Just can't decide whether to go for the Trophy or the Connect. The kids tell me the Connect please! The wife wants the black. We'll discuss over the weekend and place an order on Monday. March delivery at the earliest apparently.

We have the blue one on order. Not seen a blue one in real life, fancied the black one too.
Saw my first ones in real life today and had a test drive. They had the red and the silver. Didn't like the silver. The red was ok.
Just returned from a test drive in a Battersea Blue Trophy Connect.
All of the improvements have been implemented well over the Gen1 ZS EV and are very welcome.
It was a relatively short test drive in very poor weather conditions.
Blowing a gale / cold and with a bit of rain thrown in for good measure !.
Jumped straight out of our Gen1 and straight into the Gen2 model.
How was it ???.
The face lift was in default Normal mode & Regen level 3.
First thing I noticed as we first pulled away, the "Go" pedal needed a little extra push to get the car moving, just a little less responsive I would say.
The suspension feels different, hard to describe really.
I can not make up my mind if it feels more planted because of changes or is just the extra weight ?.
The steering feels more positive as well.
Next observation was the lack of motor whine when sitting at about 28 Mph and when accelerating.
If travelling at about 50 - 55 Mph and you punch the "Go" pedal to overtake, you do get a faint motor whine then as you work the motor.
But lower down, I could hear nothing.
I reset the trip and did a small amount of town work, but then headed for the dual carriageway.
We covered about 20 miles and the car was showing 3.9 M/kwh.
Not bad under the crappy weather conditions.
The road noise was very similar to our Gen1 model if I am being truthful.
Both info screens are a big improvement.
I tried the voice activation button to open & close the sun roof, worked absolutely fine !.
You can also regulate the cabin temp by voice command also.
I don't think it will drop the side electric windows though.
Did not get chance to try the Sat Nav for voice commands.
I would say that about 95% of the issues that Gen1 owners reported, have been addressed.

All of the improvements have been implemented well over the Gen1 ZS EV and are very welcome.
Thank you, that's very useful, actually getting a report from a full-time ZS EV driver.

I'll try and do the same when I get in one unless there have already been loads, in which case I'll only report back with loves or hates.

Thank you, that's very useful, actually getting a report from a full-time ZS EV driver.

I'll try and do the same when I get in one unless there have already been loads, in which case I'll only report back with loves or hates.
I was speaking to two of the sales team after the test drive, they wanted to hear my views on the test drive and how it compared to the Gen1 model.
They said they valued the opinions of owners who have lived with the original model over the last two years, and have lived through the issues ( Comfort 2 ) and problems ( BMS etc ) on the first model.
It is my view that any potential new owners of the ZS EV face lift are just going to take the car as what they see and feel.
It will either suit them or NOT !
Owners of the current Gen1 model are very unlikely not to embrace and enjoy the improvements on the face lift model straight away.

Last edited:
It was a relatively short test drive in very poor weather conditions.
Blowing a gale / cold and with a bit of rain thrown in for good measure !.
Jumped straight out of our Gen1 and straight into the Gen2 model.
How was it ???.
The face lift was in default Normal mode & Regen level 3.
First thing I noticed as we first pulled away, the "Go" pedal needed a little extra push to get the car moving, just a little less responsive I would say.
The suspension feels different, hard to describe really.
I can not make up my mind if it feels more planted because of changes or is just the extra weight ?.
The steering feels more positive as well.
Next observation was the lack of motor whine when sitting at about 28 Mph and when accelerating.
If travelling at about 50 - 55 Mph and you punch the "Go" pedal to overtake, you do get a faint motor whine then as you work the motor.
But lower down, I could hear nothing.
I reset the trip and did a small amount of town work, but then headed for the dual carriageway.
We covered about 20 miles and the car was showing 3.9 M/kwh.
Not bad under the crappy weather conditions.
The road noise was very similar to our Gen1 model if I am being truthful.
Both info screens are a big improvement.
I tried the voice activation button to open & close the sun roof, worked absolutely fine !.
You can also regulate the cabin temp by voice command also.
I don't think it will drop the side electric windows though.
Did not get chance to try the Sat Nav for voice commands.
I would say that about 95% of the issues that Gen1 owners reported, have been addressed.
Was that 3.9 m/kWh with heating on a comfortable setting ?

I was speaking to two of the sales team after the test drive, they wanted to hear my views on the test drive and how it compared to the Gen1 model.
They said they valued the opinions of owners how have lived with the original model over the last two years, and have lived through the issues ( Comfort 2 ) and problems ( BMS etc ) on the first model.
It is my view that any potential new owners of the ZS EV face lift are just going to take the car as what they see and feel.
It will either suit them or NOT !
Owners of the current Gen1 model are very unlikely not to embrace and enjoy the improvements on the face lift model straight away.
Hi Is the colour of your car in your avatar MZ EV a good representation of the actual colour of your car ? I hope so, it appears to be similar to the Skoda and Peugeot.

Hi Is the colour of your car in your avatar MZ EV a good representation of the actual colour of your car ? I hope so, it appears to be similar to the Skoda and Peugeot.
My avatar picture is taken from image posted on-line.
And yes, I would say it is a pretty good representation of the new Battersea Blue of the new face lift model.
I know the colour that you are thinking about on the Skoda / Peugeot models !.
Wow ............. you have put me on the spot now :eek:.
No but honestly, I would say ....... it is about one very small shade lighter than the Skoda / Peugeot shade.
Hey ...... But you would need to see them side by side to be more accurate of course.
I know colour is a very subjective subject, but both my wife and I agreed instantly that was our colour choice.
But we had seen the actual colour about two weeks BEFORE the face lift was reviled.
Our local dealer DID have a ZS ICE face lift in the show room on the day I collected my car after having a service done etc ( old story ).
I checked with the sales person, and yes it was finished in Battersea Blue.
The interior on the face lift ICE appears to be very similar to the face lift EV.
Same carbon effect material on the dash and the seat bolsters and red accent stitching etc.
Even from the back, it is very similar, its the front on the face lift that shouts EV now !.

I have seen the blue that is a power blue it’s wishy washy the salesman said they call it Marmite love or hate it. Hopefully it will be as near as possible to my old BMW 320d Estoril blue 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom