POLL > Which ZS EV will you be getting?

Which colour and spec of the new ZS EV will you be getting?

• SE - White

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • SE - Black

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • SE - Blue

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SE - Silver

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SE - Red

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Trophy - White

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Trophy - Black

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Trophy - Blue

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Trophy - Silver

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Trophy - Red

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Trophy connect - White

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Trophy connect - Black

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Trophy connect - Blue

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Trophy connect - Silver

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Trophy connect - Red

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
Slightly off topic, but as a complete newbie to EVs... Can anyone confirm if the charging point is a type 2 connection? I'm just looking into cables and have no idea what I'm looking for. Thanks

Slightly off topic, but as a complete newbie to EVs... Can anyone confirm if the charging point is a type 2 connection? I'm just looking into cables and have no idea what I'm looking for. Thanks
To charge from a untethered wall box or a A/C public charging post ( like at your local supermarket etc ) you are looking at one of these.
Unless you can get one thrown in by your MG dealer !.
Before you ask, NO the car does not come with one.
It only comes supplied with the three pin plug "Granny" type unit.

Find the poll above really interesting... seeing so few people have ordered the SE trim!

I see the luxuries the trophy trim provide - however I got a PCP quote for both trims, and the trophy was an extra £49 a month... didn’t feel worth it to me!

Although tbf a big part of moving to fully electric for me is to reduce my monthly outgoings!

I still expected the SE to be more popular than the poll suggests!

Find the poll above really interesting... seeing so few people have ordered the SE trim!

I see the luxuries the trophy trim provide - however I got a PCP quote for both trims, and the trophy was an extra £49 a month... didn’t feel worth it to me!

Although tbf a big part of moving to fully electric for me is to reduce my monthly outgoings!

The SE looks tremendous value and a good choice. I’ve gone Trophy spec purely for the panoramic roof a feature the family now take for granted after having it in various past cars. I would prefer the cloth seats instead of pleather.

We have the blue one on order. Not seen a blue one in real life, fancied the black one too.
Saw my first ones in real life today and had a test drive. They had the red and the silver. Didn't like the silver. The red was ok.
My wife wanted the red one but changed her mind when she saw it! She said she prefers the blue but would not get it as too close to Evertons colour so we ordered the white! Due around April, I got the Mk1 version last May and will be keeping that for the shorter journeys. Just been told it is delayed to May.

Last edited:
I'm surprised not to see more votes for SE yet. It's great value I thought, and some nice features.
We already have the ZS EV Exclusive which we are keeping for shorter journeys. We picked the Trophy as we are used to having some features (which have been improved for the LR) that are not on the SE. Having said that, if we had not already had the facilities we would have had dificulty in justifying the extra cost and no longer being eligible for the grant as we ordered after the grant limit was dropped to £32k. Whichever model people are buying it is a very good price for an excellent car.

It most probably will be more popular than the poll suggests. There will be a lot of newbie's who want to move to full electric but the high price of other brands are putting them off. I think the SE spec will be an ideal incentive for them to take the plunge into EV. The SE offers a lot of extras as standard and to be honest my wife doesn't even use the reversing camera on my mk1 ZS EV never mind all the other bits so if it is someone like her deciding on what to get then the SE has it in spades

The Battersea Blue reminds me of Alfa Romeo Misano blue which is a great compliment as the Giulia looks stunning in that colour! But I have to keep with the colour of nearly all my cars and plumped for Dynamic red (as in my avatar)

I have a blue and a white.
MG1.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 2.46.22 pm.png

They may need to be detailed though.

Er, why does knowing colour actually matter? I can see why the choice of model would be of interest, but the last time I can recall any interest in someone else’s colour choice would have been in primary school 😊
Maybe the popularity of certain colours might influence residual values? So there may be some value in knowing this, especially if you are torn between two colours. But of course, colour is subjective. Colour may also influence delivery timescales.

Maybe the popularity of certain colours might influence residual values? So there may be some value in knowing this, especially if you are torn between two colours. But of course, colour is subjective. Colour may also influence delivery timescales.
When I bought my Honda S2000 in 2000 I chose the most popular colour (used in all the ads) and waited 5 months for it to be delivered.

These days it is the most common colour, so the least desirable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom