POLL > Which ZS EV will you be getting?

Which colour and spec of the new ZS EV will you be getting?

• SE - White

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • SE - Black

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • SE - Blue

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SE - Silver

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SE - Red

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Trophy - White

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Trophy - Black

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Trophy - Blue

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Trophy - Silver

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Trophy - Red

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Trophy connect - White

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Trophy connect - Black

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Trophy connect - Blue

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Trophy connect - Silver

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Trophy connect - Red

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
Was that 3.9 m/kWh with heating on a comfortable setting ?
Sorry @Kithmo I thought I had included that ?.
When I jumped into the car and booted it up, the info screen in the centre was on the home screen.
The sales person did a very quick demo of the functions on the screen, as she flicked by the screens, my eye's where drawn too the HVAC screen, it was displaying 26 degrees !.
She was SO excited to display the voice function of the sun roof - Bless her !.
Somebody had shown her this as party trick !.
No idea if it would operate anything else though !.
I requested a reduction in cabin heat to 22 degrees and it performed the task just fine.
This made her feel very happy - Hey Ho !.
Then she said :-
"This is a waste of our time, you probably know more about this than I do, so off you go".
And we did !.
So, yes the HVAC was already selected at 26 degrees, I just reduced it slightly.
It remained ON for the whole of the test drive and I had the passengers seat heater on for a while also.
The weather was terrible, we where still on the back end of a storm that hit North Wales coast at speeds of 100 Mph.
The afternoon of the test drive, was about as bad as you where likely to see.
Lights on / wipers on / headlights on / HVAC on ....... pretty much everything ON !.
I was pretty impressed by the consumption to be honest, but it's early days, I know that.
A couple of times, I popped the column switch to flash my lights, to let somebody out.
Straight away, you could see how bright the LED lights are over the standard head lights on the original model.
The light is bright white and not that dull yellow colour in it's appearance.
Hope this is helpfully in some way ?.

I have seen the blue that is a power blue it’s wishy washy the salesman said they call it Marmite love or hate it. Hopefully it will be as near as possible to my old BMW 320d Estoril blue 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Okay, this may or may not be of some interest to you @Vipar ?.
But here we go, the very very light coloured blue you are thinking about was THE actual launch colour shown to show case the arrival of the new all electric ( hence blue ) ZS EV back in November 2019.
All manufactures choose ( in their opinion ) what is the best colour to showcase a new / face lifted model.
MG made the decision to go with the colour of Pimlico Blue on the ZS EV ( the "wishy washy" blue as you call it ).
A limited colour pallet choice of either :- Blue / Red / Black / White - That's your lot !.
It was only my opinion here, but when they announced the face lift model, my money was on them using a different shade of blue ( electric car ) as the new launch model.
It could not be any lighter than the previous colour, so it had to go darker in some way.
The ZS EV in the ICE model had already using a pretty dark coloured blue called "Lazar Blue" before the EV was reviled.
So ........ Bingo ! - Battersea Blue was already being used on the face lift ICE version of the car.
Makes perfect business sense to run with a colour already in production !.
White was retained ( solid base colour ) then the usual black and red ( MG signature colour ) and already in current production, but the shocker was the inclusion of extra colour in Monument Silver.
Just to expand the colour choice by one more colour, progress I guess ?.
See we are on similar wave lengths here @Vipar.
My favourite colour on the BMW range ( owned a few ) was / still is Estoril Blue.
Does it compare ............ Yeah I think it's about there if that helps.
NOW - Are you seeing WHY we went for Battersea Blue !.
I hope so.
Had Lazer Blue been available in the UK on the original ZS EV - we would have gone with it instantly.
Next best choice for us at the time, was Dynamic red.
Have we been pleased with our colour choice - Yes.
But the call of Battersea Blue has us hooked this time !.
Shame they never used blue stitching on the seats though ?.
Never mind, you can't have everything I guess.

Last edited:
I used to love red but decided that I would buy the Battersea blue, that way I can hopefully get the SWMBO to drive it, (her favourite colour) she only drove the Outlander once in 5 years. I my last 4 cars have been grey/silver they don't show the dirt.

Totally agree with you about the coloured stitching. I am looking forward to pimping it up when I get it with things like coloured lights in the footwell and anti scratch gels to stop your nails scratching behind the door handles. fitting my dash cam and fancy tyre valve covers. I also will fit door sill anti scratch strips but as yet have not decided on which, but think it will be the ones with the MG logo. Or the ones that light up the step and ground with the MG logo.
I am finding it difficult not to order the above before I get it . It's a superstitious thing.

I'm struggling to keep a track on what people are ordering so figured a poll may actually be better :)
Er, why does knowing colour actually matter? I can see why the choice of model would be of interest, but the last time I can recall any interest in someone else’s colour choice would have been in primary school 😊

Er, why does knowing colour actually matter? I can see why the choice of model would be of interest, but the last time I can recall any interest in someone else’s colour choice would have been in primary school 😊
It does not matter really 🤷‍♂️.
Just a bit of fun / interest shown it what people are going for, that’s it really ?.
There are only five colours to choose from anyway, one more than last time though I guess is better !.

It does not matter really 🤷‍♂️.
Just a bit of fun / interest shown it what people are going for, that’s it really ?.
There are only five colours to choose from anyway, one more than last time though I guess is better !.
I like the idea of knowing what colour people are getting and a, light-hearted, reason why. I'm amazed that 49 have been ordered, amazed but not surprised.

I'l like to know if these orders are...... New to EVs, New to MG EV, Upgrade from Mod 1.

I like the idea of knowing what colour people are getting and a, light-hearted, reason why. I'm amazed that 49 have been ordered, amazed but not surprised.

I'l like to know if these orders are...... New to EVs, New to MG EV, Upgrade from Mod 1.
Been in Nissan Leafs since 2013, first MG.

Colour choice is like marmite you either love it or hate it.

I would not have another green vehicle, as previously I have had 4 green vehicles and all have let me down. For example I drove a green lorry for my Brother-in- law for 2 years and it never let me down. I bought it and a contract from him had it 2 weeks and the engine went. Repaired the engine, sprayed the lorry red, and ran it for 4 years, without a not problem. Also my wife is superstitious. when it comes to colour.

Yeah - I like that idea @BruceT .
Okay, had my first introduction into electric drive train, back in 2015 when I bought a an almost new VW Golf GTE PHEV.
Loved the the electric drive and was sold on the car after about 500 yards !.
This was my first drive of a car powered by electric.
Had the car for over 4 years and it brought a smile to my face every single day.
After only a few short months, I knew my next car would have to be a full BEV.
Enter the then new ZS EV in late 2019.
We collected the car on the 6th Jan 2020.
Now covered over 16,000 miles and I am still in love with the whole EV driving experience.
So much, that hopefully we will be upgrading to the new ZS EV ( Gen2 ) face lift in March of 2022.
Honestly, I don’t think as OAP’s we would be able to return to the high running costs of a ICE car now !.
After using an oil burner hire car for four weeks, while awaiting parts to fix the handbrake in our car, we spent £150 on derv in that short time spell.
I think we could run our EV for over 6 months for that sort of money !.

Colour choice is like marmite you either love it or hate it.

I would not have another green vehicle, as previously I have had 4 green vehicles and all have let me down. For example I drove a green lorry for my Brother-in- law for 2 years and it never let me down. I bought it and a contract from him had it 2 weeks and the engine went. Repaired the engine, sprayed the lorry red, and ran it for 4 years, without a not problem. Also my wife is superstitious. when it comes to colour.
I have owned one green car in my life and it was okay, but there is a believe that green is unlucky for a car ????.
I have NO idea where that came from ?.
Old wife’s tail 🤷‍♂️.

It doesn't matter, I was just curious really :)

This will be my first EV and also my first "new" car.

I've never been fortunate enough to be able to afford the cost of a new car or justify the spend on anything new.

I've been wanting an EV ever since they became more mainstream but it's only now that the prices are within my budget.

This will be my first EV and also my first "new" car.

I've never been fortunate enough to be able to afford the cost of a new car or justify the spend on anything new.

I've been wanting an EV ever since they became more mainstream but it's only now that the prices are within my budget.
First new car AND an EV !.
Going for it !.
Enjoy 😊.

Just ordered silver trophy connect looks like April delivery. Coming from gen 1 leaf 30kWh tekna. Test drove I5 EV6 and Mach E all good cars all fairly firm ride in comparision to MG. All nearly £15-20K more expensive. Would love a Model Y but our usage pattern would see a £57K car sitting on our drive a majority of the time so a reality check was in order. With the second hand value of our leaf against the price of MG will give us a new 220-250 mile range 7 year warranty car for £17-19K. No brainer. Test drove red connect and saw a silver connect in showroom, OH loved the silver so thats what we are getting. Strange how a colour can change the look of a car.

Looks like I am the only cheapskate then.......:)
The SE is a great purchase! 😄 One thing I like is that so far, MG doesn't have their entry level trims looking like a poor relation. If not for a couple of features I wanted, I would've definitely gone for that one myself. I'm not bothered about the roof rails and if I had a choice between the two, I'd take the cloth seats over the faux leather.

I'd be tempted by the SE if it had rear cross traffic alert, especially since we have to park nose in when charging.
I prefer fabric seats, hardly use heated seats, don't need blind spot detection (BSD), lane change assist (LCA) and although it's a nice touch, I could live without the sunroof. I would prefer to not have roof bars but I believe the new SE comes with them.
The only thing I'd miss is the heated and folding on locking mirrors.
But TBH although the SE is a couple of grand cheaper it doesn't seem as good value when you consider all the extra things you get with the Trophy.

I have owned one green car in my life and it was okay, but there is a believe that green is unlucky for a car ????.
I have NO idea where that came from ?.
Old wife’s tail 🤷‍♂️.
Tis a Faerie colour and you should not wear it, some can that as have permission. Of course now we have moved forward into the C21st century away from such superstitions. Though don’t drive a green car as tis a Faerie colour etc etc… And yes I have driven a green car, and was told not too, a Nissan. Got a car shunted into it at lights and then bashed in a car park as well……see.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom