Post your battery SOH data please

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Rotherham
Firstly having looked through this correct me if I am wrong it comes to no overall conclusion. I wonder if driving style also puts degradation on the battery if driven frequently with harder acceleration.
At a guess, I would think the opposite, occasional hard load on the battery keeps it "fizzing" and prevents precipitation.

Delboy102000

Reaction score
St Leonards on Sea England
Driving
MG ZS EV
At a guess, I would think the opposite, occasional hard load on the battery keeps it "fizzing" and prevents precipitation.
You may be right but the stats come to no overall conclusion. Therefore to draw conclusions a comparative measurement criteria is needed, as everything changes by temperature, terrain driven, and type of use.

rbpasapera

Reaction score
Costa Rica
Driving
MG ZS EV
2 rapid charges to 80%
13 rapid charges from 20% to 60%

Rest, about 150 AC charges at home to 3.45 kW

Does this car handle rapid charges well??
I know others, like Hyundai Kona or Kia Niro, with 100% charges on DC and no degradation.

Some owners have reported similar figures of battery degradation without DC charging their ZS EV Gen1.

IMO, charging cycles could be the main reason for battery degradation and it depends on mileage but also on your driving style, for example, you will get a higher consumption if you drive with harder acceleration, so you will need to charge the car more often.

BrutusSpain

Novice Member
Reaction score
Spain.
Driving
MG ZS EV
After so many years, there must be many owners here who have covered a lot of kilometres with their MG.........

Does the degradation continue after more kilometres?
Does this degradation stop?

Zoomy

Solutions
Reaction score
UK
Driving
MG ZS EV
Look up dendritic growth in batteries

BrutusSpain

Novice Member
Reaction score
Spain.
Driving
MG ZS EV
Look up dendritic growth in batteries
Thank you
I know that batteries degrade over time, use and miles.
Maybe I am not expressing myself well

I know many EV owners (Kona, Niro, Zoe, Ioniq,) and their batteries do not show these levels of degradation after 50,000 kms or more and many fast charges. For me it is something worrying.

At this rate, in 100,000 km MG will have to change my battery under warranty.

17000 kms and 4 months old, SOH should be at or near 100%.

What I wanted to ask is if the degradation continues at this high rate or stabilises? At this rate in 100000kms I will lose more than 30%.

BrutusSpain

Novice Member
Reaction score
Spain.
Driving
MG ZS EV
I just wanted to know the details of owners with many more kms.

Because, here in Spain, few MG ZS EV have been sold and we have no data on what happens to the batteries with more kms.

We have information from many Tesla, Hyundai, Renault, Kia and we know what can happen over time to these batteries with 100,000 kms and 98%SOH.

But MG has sold very little at the moment in Spain.

Zoomy

Solutions
Reaction score
UK
Driving
MG ZS EV
It’s supposed to stabilise, however MG have shown since 2019 that they are still learning and in a European market too. My confidence has been lowered. But if I sell I can leave it to the next person.

Delboy102000

Reaction score
St Leonards on Sea England
Driving
MG ZS EV
Another conundrum on all this battery stuff. On my previous Mk1 ZS ev we were told to charge to 100% and equalise frequently.

Now on my Mk2 Lr trophy we are suddenly told not to charge above 80% in normal usage. Thus giving a usable real world range of about 227 miles. Both cars have the same battery type of construction so which is correct, full charge with equalisation, or 80% charge without.

Answers on a postcard please, or maybe it’s another mystery.
Z Zs

rbpasapera

Reaction score
Costa Rica
Driving
MG ZS EV
I just wanted to know the details of owners with many more kms.

Because, here in Spain, few MG ZS EV have been sold and we have no data on what happens to the batteries with more kms.

We have information from many Tesla, Hyundai, Renault, Kia and we know what can happen over time to these batteries with 100,000 kms and 98%SOH.

But MG has sold very little at the moment in Spain.
FYI mine has 22k km on the clock, 19 months of ownership and SOH is 95.5% and it is dropping slowly by 0.1%.

Ealing Guy

Standard Member
Reaction score
London, UK
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, At my 2 year service at the end of Feb they wrote the SOH and crossed it out so I wasn't sure if it was the 95% it was most likely to say. I just tried resetting everything and the GOM is giving 155 miles so that would also indicate 95%. Mileage about 17.5K. I don't often get to 100% charge but didn't notice a balance being done even on doing another charge after the battery was full.

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Rotherham
Hi, At my 2 year service at the end of Feb they wrote the SOH and crossed it out so I wasn't sure if it was the 95% it was most likely to say. I just tried resetting everything and the GOM is giving 155 miles so that would also indicate 95%. Mileage about 17.5K. I don't often get to 100% charge but didn't notice a balance being done even on doing another charge after the battery was full.
I take the GOM with a pinch of salt. Even resetting everything mine still only showed 151 miles in April, it showed 161 miles 3 weeks ago when I last charged it to full.

DuracellBunny

Standard Member
Reaction score
Glasgow
Driving
MG5 EV
My MG5 LR with 10k miles on clock and 8 months old shows 100% SOH, it has been almost exclusively fast charged.
I think the Scottish climate helped it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Get your MG ZS EV tee

Latest MG EVs video

MG ZS EV delivery updates and MG5 refresh review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom