Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1 and later

Power estimations with new feature. (fluctuates, not precise)

Driver Heated seat ~ 50W

Rear screen heaters (Exclusive is supposed to do mirrors too) is ~ 320W

Heater doesnt affect LV ... But fan does
1 blob ~ 30W,
2 blobs ~ 40W
3 blobs ~ 60W
4 blobs ~ 85W
5 blobs ~ 155W
6 max ~ 220W

AC (with max heating) affects it for about 30 seconds then is minimal.
AC Max cool ~135W
Mid temp range is minimal.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see which DCDC version members who have had 12v problems had.
I've had no problems with my 12v.

As an Apple user, could I ask whether this App needs to be accessed from an Android phone or tablet please. Thanks - Rob

So I charged my car over the weekend, including balancing and drove it to work this morning (6miles) and SOC is 93.5% so yeah, that would tell me there is certainly an upper buffer. still shows full bars.
Screenshot_20210301-132509_ZS EV.jpg

Just connected mine using the eBay dongle and Version 1.2 of the app and worked first time (Lenovo Tablet), nice little tool just wished MG would have included the SOC & SOH into the infotainment system for Europe.

Just plugged mine in, it charges to 456v normally, although only 80% on the dash at the moment and says 79% on the obd reader, so there mustn't be much buffer, mine was updated comfort 2 etc in August last year and I don't believe it's had any updates at its service in February this year.
Screenshot_20210301-141256.png
Screenshot_20210301-141301.png
Screenshot_20210301-141315.png

I've never had any trouble with my car and always been happy with it, but the only thing I notice is whenever I charge it to 100% it shows 207 miles of range on the gom with the heater off, no matter what the weather's been like, previous driving etc, makes no difference when I reset the trip, I could have been getting 2.5 miles per kw still shows 207 miles range, even though the car is more likely to do 100 miles in those conditions. My mum has the same car and hers is different, her gom is actually quite accurate, but she always thinks there's something wrong with her car because mine shows more range, but really it's mine that's wrong, so I don't know if they've applied the updates differently so my gom isn't accurate?

I've never had any trouble with my car and always been happy with it, but the only thing I notice is whenever I charge it to 100% it shows 207 miles of range on the gom with the heater off, no matter what the weather's been like, previous driving etc, makes no difference when I reset the trip, I could have been getting 2.5 miles per kw still shows 207 miles range, even though the car is more likely to do 100 miles in those conditions. My mum has the same car and hers is different, her gom is actually quite accurate, but she always thinks there's something wrong with her car because mine shows more range, but really it's mine that's wrong, so I don't know if they've applied the updates differently so my gom isn't accurate?
so by using obd reader with mentioned app here you can compare both cars with software versions to see what is different

Last edited:
I'm a bit scared to say anything about the GOM after the replies I've been getting from someone on another post!!!!!

I'll dare to ask though! Are you resetting the Accumulated trip (not the journey trip), in my car it is that that causes the GOM to "reset".
I get the impression that if after a full charge/balance you "reset" the Acc trip, in the default start up mode (N3), it interestingly seems to kind of display the official WLTP range of 16x miles.... I'm saying this is definite btw.

I'm a bit scared to say anything about the GOM after the replies I've been getting from someone on another post!!!!!

I'll dare to ask though! Are you resetting the Accumulated trip (not the journey trip), in my car it is that that causes the GOM to "reset".
I get the impression that if after a full charge/balance you "reset" the Acc trip, in the default start up mode (N3), it interestingly seems to kind of display the official WLTP range of 16x miles.... I'm saying this is definite btw.
I've noticed that if you bk home with good mpkwh then charged overnight its calculated better...if you bk home with bad mpkwh after Sport mode in use or just bad condition driving it then calculates bit less optimistic but then if you reset trip counters its gonna re-calculate to default values... GOM is GOM

Yeah I reset the accumulated one after each full charge as I know I can easily do about 90 miles before I plug in again, I don't use the gom in mine, I just check how many miles I've driven and plug in accordingly, but as I say mum's car behaves differently, her gom is quite accurate.

Yeah I reset the accumulated one after each full charge as I know I can easily do about 90 miles before I plug in again, I don't use the gom in mine, I just check how many miles I've driven and plug in accordingly, but as I say mum's car behaves differently, her gom is quite accurate.
In my opinion in general MG GOM is accurate, compared to my ex-Leaf

Been watching this thread for the last week or so, and was already planning to grab another OBD tool anyway, so... screenshot below, although I think it's pretty much similar to what others have already got. Comfort 2 done, as best as I can tell. Charging to 455+, and no issues with charging or range. Car registered in October 20, but only bought in January 21.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-160755_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-160755_ZS EV.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 165
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom