Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1 and later

@AbuG Is this the same obd2 that you've got working well?
I got it from your ebay link.
IMG_3790.JPG
IMG_3789.JPG
IMG_3788.JPG

Thank you and all you need are an android device to operate the app and the Bluetooth OBD2?
Yep :) Install the app on the android phone, plug the OBD into the socket, set the car to "Ready" mode, link to the OBD scanner via bluetooth on the phone, run the app and that should be pretty much it.

Yep :) Install the app on the android phone, plug the OBD into the socket, set the car to "Ready" mode, link to the OBD scanner via bluetooth on the phone, run the app and that should be pretty much it.
Can you leave the OBD connected as I noticed someone said it activated the alarm and you could only lock from inside?

Hi Mark yep just find an android device , install the app plug in the dongle pair them and run the scan, took me about 10 minutes in all. If you are near SWF soon you could borrow mine
Thanks for the offer I’ll see how I get on, but will contact you if I need further support. Thank you

Hurrah, got it working!
I've only got Amazon Fire 7 tablets (everything else it Apple), which although are Android are Amazons flavour of it and locked down pretty well.

Just FYI.
I had left the dongle plugged in the car and was able to connect from inside the house to it, but the app was crashing as it was connecting/scanning.
This morning I went out into the car and turned the car on, bingo, ok I had now installed ver 1.2.1 too, but I think that was partly my problem.
The car is giving the dongle power when locked/switched off, but I couldn't get any data.
(I'm not getting the alarm going off etc as someone else was)

IMG_3791.JPG

Hurrah, got it working!
I've only got Amazon Fire 7 tablets (everything else it Apple), which although are Android are Amazons flavour of it and locked down pretty well.

Just FYI.
I had left the dongle plugged in the car and was able to connect from inside the house to it, but the app was crashing as it was connecting/scanning.
This morning I went out into the car and turned the car on, bingo, ok I had now installed ver 1.2.1 too, but I think that was partly my problem.
The car is giving the dongle power when locked/switched off, but I couldn't get any data.
(I'm not getting the alarm going off etc as someone else was)

View attachment 1893
Amazing! So yours is the Jan 2021 BMS? (All newest updates I also assume?) This is turning out to be rather handy! :)

I have ordered mine from Amazon, arriving tomorrow. I left it too late really as my car is going in for the BMS update tomorrow and it would have been good to see a before and after.
I don't suppose anyone has a dongle in the Leeds area to borrow to do a check today ?

Amazing! So yours is the Jan 2021 BMS? (All newest updates I also assume?) This is turning out to be rather handy! :)
Yes Mine is "new" and had all updates applied before I picked it up.

Hopefully I'll get to see it in action this afternoon when I pick up child from school.

I just want to get it working on my slightly older fire 7 tablet (that's red and matches the car!) then I can leave that one permanently in the car.

Shame I didn't have it working last night, when I ran the car completely flat on driveway to see what the voltage went down to. Would've been very good to see the full data - especially min & max cell voltage.

Help!?!
The only android devices I can find lying around are Amazon fire 7 tablets.
I've tried to install the APK file and get "there was a problem while parsing the package".

Does it need a certain version of Android OS to work?

thanks
You Can get that error when you install google playstore onto a amazon tablet its when its the wrong apk files so it seems you may need to try it on a andriod phone .even with
unknown sources ticked on the tablet if its the wrong apk file you will error.

Hi @Gomev I'm over in Brighouse if that isn't too far away for you?
That's good of you, it certainly isn't too far (well not yet I still have that much range :) ) but I don't think I have the time today. Various reasons housestuck most of today. I should probably have thought about that when I posted LOL.

Can you leave the OBD connected as I noticed someone said it activated the alarm and you could only lock from inside?
Alarm is only triggered if car locked with remote (or from external door handle) and either
1. Wrong OBD2 in port. (my old OBD2)
2. Correct OBD2 and DRL (day time lights) are switched off with the app.

That's good of you, it certainly isn't too far (well not yet I still have that much range :) ) but I don't think I have the time today. Various reasons housestuck most of today. I should probably have thought about that when I posted LOL.
Ha ha, no worries!

You Can get that error when you install google playstore onto a amazon tablet its when its the wrong apk files so it seems you may need to try it on a andriod phone .even with
unknown sources ticked on the tablet if its the wrong apk file you will error.
jody21 new andriod would be better as this programme is new.. amazon run their own version of andriod thats why they don't come with google playstore on you can put that on but as said before you need the right apk files..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom