Project True Infotainment: Detailed video of features and requirements

hope this helps. left me know if any issues or if anything is unclear.
It should work on Mg5 or any other infotainment with Android Auto.

Last edited:
Will have ago at this over next couple of weeks , thanks for all your effort

Great, but seems to much faffing around for me, I could just use my IPad.
Yeah it's not for everyone. I mention that in the video at the end. Requires some knowledge of android.

But there are advantages over tablet the main one being you don't need to have to keep plugging in and out you phone for Waze navigation. You main mobile stays in your pocket, so you won't keep forgetting it by leaving it in the car, like me.

But this is really an alternative to using an aftermarket infortainment headunit (which is more faffing).. Not really comparable to a tablet or iPad.

Last edited:
@AbuG does the phone need to be rooted if so how do you root the phone? Thanks
Yes needs root. It is different on each phone. If your phone is a relatively popular one, then can find on the website:
xda-developers.com
With a little research should tell you if there is a known root method and a how to.

If the phone model is definitely not there then will be more tricky. There is s generic "kingroot" app that may or may not work and is a little more risky.

What's the mirroring app called as I can't see MG Link on the Google Play Store?

Apologies if it's mentioned in the video but I've not had a chance to watch it as yet.

Screen2Auto

Also AA AIO terrier

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom