Radio module replacement

This is rather interesting I wonder if DAB broadcasts are incompatible with the software in some way.
Here in Auckland NZ we have an odd situation. DAB was tried for about 2 years, but had such a low take up and problems due to our hilly terrain that it was discontinued. Just that I had noticed that DAB seemed to be a common thread.
I have had the unit replaced in my 2022 ZS after about 8 months as it apparently caused all sorts of false indications on the dash. Has been fine since and am now up to 15,000 km almost all on solar power from my roof, using the car almost every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys my long range mg5 went into dealers today as it was showing radio module initialising when they phoned me up they confirmed that it needed a replacementhol module they said they would order the part but could not give me an eta. Does anyone who’s had this done know the waiting time for the part.
I’ve just had the radio module changed on my 3 month old ZS EV. It was only about a week from ordering to fitting at the dealership.

I’ve just had the radio module changed on my 3 month old ZS EV. It was only about a week from ordering to fitting at the dealership.
As an update following the radio module replacement, radio worked for a week before Christmas and has now stopped working again. This is causing the 12 volt battery to discharge again. Booked back into the dealership for a 5th time!😤

Guys I've managed to update the radio and it works however I get series of errors on my dashboard after the update, my car is out of warranty is there a software update for MG ZS EV 2019 that I can use and update the car ?

@Gomev @trinenmark @Joioannou

Attachments

• IMG20240107151631.jpg
    IMG20240107151631.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG20240107151633.jpg
    IMG20240107151633.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG20240107151637.jpg
    IMG20240107151637.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG20240107151643.jpg
    IMG20240107151643.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG20240107151647.jpg
    IMG20240107151647.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 40
Guys I've managed to update the radio and it works however I get series of errors on my dashboard after the update, my car is out of warranty is there a software update for MG ZS EV 2019 that I can use and update the car ?
Hi
You may have more success asking for updates under the MG ZS forum, but from my experience on an MG5 these errors can appear after a 12V battery disconnect and usually disappear after driving for a couple of miles…

Morning all, "Radio Module Disconnected" came up for us the other day, but it's still playing the last station selected.

I've tried to update with the .bin file - but the bar doesn't move (Fat32, tried 2 sticks). Any ideas?

View attachment 13581
I had this today when I was trying to update. It's because you've got the error so there is no dab version shown. If you disconnect the 12V battery and then reconnect, the error will clear and the current dab version will be shown. You can then click the update button to apply the new file

Unfortunately I tried the file and it worked for a while, but then the error came back. So I don't think it's a permanent fix

Hi
You may have more success asking for updates under the MG ZS forum, but from my experience on an MG5 these errors can appear after a 12V battery disconnect and usually disappear after driving for a couple of miles…
On my 5 they're usually gone after driving a few metres, I guess just enough for various sensors to start recording data.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom