Range challenge

Ukchris

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just fully charged my zs se lr for a long run and my range indicator in eco mode reads........371 miles,can anyone beat that ?

It's a fairly pointless exercise I suppose. Reset the trip computer, cruise down a big hill and then charge up and you have a fantasy guesstimate....

Just to let you know I ALL WAYS RESET the trip computer after every charge. I can't help it if you have a lead right foot

Pictures please or it didn't happen. :LOL:
FWIW, the "range indicator" is actually a guessometer, AKA GOM, which is meaningless in terms of real world mileage, so it's not a Range Challenge really it's a challenge to see who can defeat the GOM software. 😊

I've had efficiency of up to 5.5 miles per kwh recently, which would give about that if a whole trip was at that efficiency. I've never reset the trip computer since I got the car in Sept 22. The equivalent 100% (I divide the miles showing by the remaining battery percentage and then multiply by 100) range I have been getting in the last month is between 270 to 300 miles (if its warmer outside, its the higher end). Its currently showing 153 miles at 53% battery.

It's a guess to an extent if people are being honest and not trying to manipulate for higher miles is a useful tool.

It can be used to amend how people drive a their is a difference in ev/ice cars around convenience.

Ev is more about being efficient driving to maximise battery and planning charge times so driving style needs to be different. GOM can help with that

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom