Rattling noise in dash near glove compartment

smurfy1962

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi there, Since i have had my car every time i go over a speed ramp or bump in the road i get rattle from with the dashboard which at first i just ignored but now really annoys me.Has anyne else had a similar problem or is it just a case of going back to the dealer although my car is on a lease.

Hi there , thanks for reply . I did have some glasses in the holder and now removed. Also another thing i have tried is taping up the vents to stop them rattling maybe lol. I shall know a bit more later when i go to work later and hopefully one or both of theses recommendations work .
thanks once again.

I have seen a thread, possibly with a YouTube link, about removing the glove box and adding additional padding behind it to stop a rattle. I don't know where to find it though.

I had a slightly annoying rattle in my Golf all the 14 years I owned it. I never had the nerve to take it back to the dealer and complain.

I drove my MG4 back from the dealer noticing nothing. Next day I noticed a rattle when I went over rough sections of road. Damn I thought, here we go again. But I mentioned it on the forum and someone said sunglasses. Makes sense, I thought, I didn't put the sunglasses in the holder until I got the car home. I checked. It was.

Well well . I removed the sunglasses and stuck some tape around the vents and just just like that the rattle has gone. Surely you would have thought that MG would have found a solution for this on the production line. It is not upto the punters to sort out things as we go along lol

Well, it's not just me then.
I know what I'll be doing in the morning..
Hi there, Since i have had my car every time i go over a speed ramp or bump in the road i get rattle from with the dashboard which at first i just ignored but now really annoys me.Has anyne else had a similar problem or is it just a case of going back to the dealer although my car is on a lease.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back