Real Autonomy at 110 kmh - 70 mph

JoanGN

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I would like to know how is your real autonomy on a trip outside the city, with speed from 62 to 75 mph (100 to 120 kmh)

- How many miles or km you do from 100% charge to 10% with the SR version?

- How many miles or km you do from 100% charge to 10% with the LR version?

There is an app: ABRoutePlanner, wich is used to calculate stops on your trips.
There i get the numbers bellow:

• Going from 100% charge with LR model, to a place 275 Km far, you end with 10% battery.
  • Going from 100% charge with SR model, to a place 228 km far, you end with 10% battery.

If we share could be helpfull for people like me that want to choose betwen buying one or the other model.

Last edited:
Severe winter hasn’t hit yet, so I don’t know what the lowest the range will drop too. But I did 120miles on motorway on cold weather and heavy rain and I had 28% left in my standard range.

I’ve just used it for across country back roads and around town and I’ll get a genuine 200miles out of my standard range from this last charge.

Severe winter hasn’t hit yet, so I don’t know what the lowest the range will drop too. But I did 120miles on motorway on cold weather and heavy rain and I had 28% left in my standard range.

I’ve just used it for across country back roads and around town and I’ll get a genuine 200miles out of my standard range from this last charge.
First, thanks so much for sharing.

I assume you did 120 miles starting at 100% charge.
With this numbers you gave, i have calculated and i get a autonomy of 241 km from 100% charge to 10% charge.

Wich is 12 km mores than i get with the App ABrouteplanner.

ABRP is quite pessimistic for all models and the MG4 is currently in "alpha" version, probably because there is not yet enough feedback.
The MG4 has probably a better range in reality and of course depending on how you drive it.

ABRP is quite pessimistic for all models and the MG4 is currently in "alpha" version, probably because there is not yet enough feedback.
The MG4 has probably a better range in reality and of course depending on how you drive it.
Good point, so we can expect few more km in a route. Thanks so much for sharing this info !

Recent trip up North I charged my Trophy (LR- so apparently already at a 10 mile deffiency for range, apparently) up to 100%

after 146 miles my SOC was displaying 42% (between 65-75 mph) but did have a few hold ups en route (35-45 in places for around 20 miles accumulative).

Drove in ‘Eco’ and did not have HVAC on throughout. Temp was around 11 degrees C

bit of rain (latter part of journey circa ten miles), and moderate wind most of the way

Charged back up to 90% ready for return trip, spent about 10 miles proper toe poking it to impress family members then went back down south. Went well above 70mph in phases and played a little with fast acceleration. Got back to base with 19% SOC

hope this helps

Last edited:
Recent trip up North I charged my Trophy (LR- so apparently already at a 10 mile deffiency for range, apparently) up to 100%

after 146 miles my SOC was displaying 42% (between 65-75 mph) but did have a few hold ups en route (35-45 in places for around 20 miles accumulative).

Drove in ‘Eco’ and did not have HVAC on throughout. Temp was around 11 degrees C

bit of rain (latter part of journey circa ten miles), and moderate wind most of the way

Charged back up to 90% ready for return trip, spent about 10 miles proper toe poking it to impress family members then went back down south. Went well above 70mph in phases and played a little with fast acceleration. Got back to base with 19% SOC

hope this helps
What was your average miles per kWh?

3.2 is the minimum estimate I've been doing my cost calculations on ... means 10.6p per mile on the capped 34p per kWh tariff. :)

3.2 is the minimum estimate I've been doing my cost calculations on ... means 10.6p per mile on the capped 34p per kWh tariff. :)
You should look into a dedicated eV charging tariff like octopuses new intelligent one, 7.5p kWh at night, 39p for the day.

It's not a straight forward decision. For my post code Octopus EV tariff is 12p/kWh but only for 4 hours then 41.11p/kWh and a standing charge of 44.22p/day.
My current Economy 7 tariff is 23.17p/kWh for 7 hours then 37.81p/kWh and a standing charge of 42.7p/day which means I can use the bread machine, washing machine etc and have them finish at 8am.

Last edited:
It's not a straight forward decision. For my post code Octopus EV tariff is 12p/kWh but only for 4 hours then 41.11p/kWh and a standing charge of 44.22p/day.
My current Economy 7 tariff is 23.17p/kWh for 7 hours then 37.81p/kWh and a standing charge of 42.7p/day which means I can use the bread machine, washing machine etc and have them finish at 8am.

Would have thought unless you’re driving a very low amount of miles the first option would still be more cost effective?

Even 100 miles per week is probably 28kwh which is 1456kwh per year. That’s nearly 50% of a typical home use.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back