Rear boot bike rack?

Hmmm ye I do have mudguards on the front and back.

The thing I like about the INNO is once you get the front wheel in you can then Manoeuvre without having to hold your bike so much. I had a practice today and can lift the 20kg bike however only for about 10 seconds, after that my arms start to go. So I need to get it up, pop the front tyre in, then have a breather. It looks like the Thule wouldn't be as supportive initially?
I can only talk about my experience with the Yakima (never tried the Thule Upride):
Step 1: Flop the front holder up and forward
Step 2: Lift bike up on to rack and roll forward in to the front holder (very similar to the INNO), this holds the bike up pretty well as the bike tries to roll forward in to it
Step 3: lift rear holder section of front wheel holder up to meet back of wheel.... now the bike is even more secure, and spin the clamping screw up to tension.
Step 4: Put strap over rear rim and secure down.

Only during Step 2, and very briefly, do I find the bike to be needing any support. Once up and rolled in to the front holder I can pretty much let go of the bike.

I can only talk about my experience with the Yakima (never tried the Thule Upride):
Step 2: Lift bike up on to rack and roll forward in to the front holder (very similar to the INNO), this holds the bike up pretty well as the bike tries to roll forward in to it
Step 3: lift rear holder section of front wheel holder up to meet back of wheel.... now the bike is even more secure, and spin the clamping screw up to tension.

Only during Step 2, and very briefly, do I find the bike to be needing any support. Once up and rolled in to the front holder I can pretty much let go of the bike.
Oh sorry I thought you said you used the thule upside when transporting ones with mudguards?

I see the INNO has both front and rear arms, but the Yakima just has the front, the rear is just a strap. Would that mean that the INNO is more secure? The INNO also is rated 23kg instead of 20kg which I like the sound of.

No, the ProRide.... and yes, that requires a bit more bike supporting/man handling whilst putting a bike in to it.
So I think wither the Yakima or INNO is the one that will be the easiest in that 10 second window that I can hold the bike, but then I have the mudguards to contend with. They are only clipped on with ties so I could maybe clip and unclipped them if needed

MTB? The ones on my 29" Spectral are short enough not to interfere with the Yakima system. Really just depends on how far over the top/ round the back of the wheel that your mudguards extend.

MTB? The ones on my 29" Spectral are short enough not to interfere with the Yakima system. Really just depends on how far over the top/ round the back of the wheel that your mudguards extend.
I might just buy the INNO and if i need to change the mudguards I'll just cut them down to size or buy new ones.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom