Rear interior light

We got a bit fed up with struggling getting my 2 girls in their infernal car seats with the most fiddly seat belt buckles going in the dark, SO...............
This is the result of a bit of fiddling!!
View attachment 1339
View attachment 1340View attachment 1341View attachment 1342
Now we can see in the back seats!
Cost £7.99 for a roll of water proof led strip, connected it to the passenger dome light, comes on when the dome light comes on and when the passenger map light is switched on, only took an hour.
The sun shade glows nicely and it looks Oem!
Cheers
What length of Led strip was required? Would a 5mtr roll do the job

Similar situation here.
They still ask “Are we there yet ?”. 😂.
Yes, and the other phrase we get when you aske them to do something is "What Now", we have changed ones name to what now as its said so often.

If you do this could you post a before and after of the wiring.

Thanks
Sadly, I got all the parts together and then wimped out and sent them back as I was worried that it would invalidate the warranty (which I suspect we may need to lean heavily on down the line as the car gets older). Instead we bought a couple of these to hang off the interior handle:

Nite Ize Mini Glowstick Flashlight and Lighting Amazon product ASIN B01D3P8NNE
They seem to work ok and don't spoil your night vision...

I would pay for this.
If this fits the new ZS EV then I will be throwing some money very quickly at this :) I used to be an automotive audio fitter so very competent at installing this kind of thing. providing all the blanking panels are the same on the new model

@Richie, all I wanted was to have some light in the back! Have you ever had to strap in a 2 year old in to their seat whilst having a tantrum!?
I really don’t care what it looks like as long as I can see in the back of the car to find the tiny belt buckles!
It’s such a simple thing to put in. its was a no brainer.
Shame Mg didn’t provide a light in the back.
Lol, yes we have 2 kids and cant believe know light in the back, even in the refresh model....all the other bells n whistles but not a 0.50 cent light....shame MG!

Lol, yes we have 2 kids and cant believe know light in the back, even in the refresh model....all the other bells n whistles but not a 0.50 cent light....shame MG!
I agree, but it is probably because they would have a hard time fitting it to the models with the glass roof, and probably not wanting to have some features on the "base" version, that the "luxury" version does not have.

I agree, but it is probably because they would have a hard time fitting it to the models with the glass roof, and probably not wanting to have some features on the "base" version, that the "luxury" version does not have.
My current car is a Peugeot 208 with a cielo glass roof, and it has blue LED’s all around it, so I don’t think it would be a problem in the MG. However, I suppose to keep within a certain price point, some things had to be omitted.

My current car is a Peugeot 208 with a cielo glass roof, and it has blue LED’s all around it, so I don’t think it would be a problem in the MG. However, I suppose to keep within a certain price point, some things had to be omitted.
I agree it would be nice, but again, if they did this, they would need 2 different solutions, for the glass roof one and the non-glass roof one.

I have seen video's of people doing the LED strip addition to their pre 2022 ZS EV, now we only need a daring soul to do it to the 2022 version.

Maybe some crafty person or company would even make a kit with everything needed and a nifty "ikea style" assembly / mounting description.

Would be really cool to have white light normally, and a disco car for when the kids have their friends in the car :)

I'm waiting on a ZS EV LR 2022 model. While I wait I've ordered a 5m USB RGB LED Strip (LED Strip Lights Sync to Music Bluetooth Control 0.3M/0.5M/1M/2M/3M/5M USB 5050 Flexible RGB LED Strip Lights Music IR Controller For TV Bedroom Home Lighting Party Bar Decor | Geek) with a USB Splitter (Black Portable Power Cord A-Male To 2 A-Female USB2.0 Dual Female Data Cables USB Extension Y Cable Y Splitter | Geek). Plan is to plug the USB Splitter into the USB in front of the rear view mirror (for the dashcam as its only for power), this allows me to still use a dashcam and plug the USB RGB in as well without having to splice into existing wires, then just tuck it all in under the headliner once the RGB's are installed. Only cost me €15 for both plus delivery from Geek and I'll get the parts in before I get the car! Hopefully this all goes according to plan!

I agree it would be nice, but again, if they did this, they would need 2 different solutions, for the glass roof one and the non-glass roof one.

I have seen video's of people doing the LED strip addition to their pre 2022 ZS EV, now we only need a daring soul to do it to the 2022 version.

Maybe some crafty person or company would even make a kit with everything needed and a nifty "ikea style" assembly / mounting description.

Would be really cool to have white light normally, and a disco car for when the kids have their friends in the car :)
Glass roof doesn't impact. A courtesy light on the left and right near the grab handles linked to wiring when you open the door is all we need. 😄

Well the clocks have changed and the other night went to grab something off the back seat, I had to grab a torch to find it. Today I have treated myself to some LED rear pillar lights and extra boot lights, all installed and working ready for the final test tonight.

Well the clocks have changed and the other night went to grab something off the back seat, I had to grab a torch to find it. Today I have treated myself to some LED rear pillar lights and extra boot lights, all installed and working ready for the final test tonight.
Any chance of any picture please ??.

I've given into temptation and ordered the cob light strip costs a bit more £23 but hopefully it should look a bit more factory look
Screenshot_20221110_151950.jpg

I will take pictures of installation if it works OK

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom