• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Rear interior light

I've given into temptation and ordered the cob light strip costs a bit more £23 but hopefully it should look a bit more factory look View attachment 12615
I will take pictures of installation if it works OK
I’m thinking the same - contemplating a 4000k natural white colour vs 6000k

Should be able to make a cable(s) to avoid the cutting of any existing wiring.

you wanted pictures, apologies should have put them up last night :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 321
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 311
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 300
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 306
you wanted pictures, apologies should have put them up last night :)
Those look very good indeed. Would it be possible to post some links to the bits and pieces used, please? Presumably wired up to the dome light in the front and the existing trunk light?

Those look very good indeed. Would it be possible to post some links to the bits and pieces used, please? Presumably wired up to the dome light in the front and the existing trunk light?
Correct, the boot lights are just wired up to the existing boot light, I did think of running them via a switch, but decided not to.
The rear seat lights are wired to the drivers map light switch, so they come on if I switch the drivers map light on, or they come on if any door is opened as the existing map lights do.
I figured if driving/moving, the passenger would more likely turn their map light on, so in that case I didn't want the whole car lit up.

So in terms of bits, just some cable and four round 3 LED bullet button side mini marker lights, low power as I didn't need them to act as search lights.

Last edited:
Don't worry sorted it so switch pulls off from the back
IMG_20221111_145520.jpg

The wires for light are here
IMG_20221111_150155.jpg
IMG_20221111_150939.jpg

Black is earth white and black is positive for doors open only and if you flash you hi beam when car is off part of the follow me home function
Edit they also come one when you switch car off

Last edited:
Correct, the boot lights are just wired up to the existing boot light, I did think of running them via a switch, but decided not to.
The rear seat lights are wired to the drivers map light switch, so they come on if I switch the drivers map light on, or they come on if any door is opened as the existing map lights do.
I figured if driving/moving, the passenger would more likely turn their map light on, so in that case I didn't want the whole car lit up.

So in terms of bits, just some cable and four round 3 LED bullet button side mini marker lights, low power as I didn't need them to act as search lights.
That looks a better solution for me, I don't need the disco lights. A couple of questions if I may. Do you have a link for the lights you installed, how did you trace the wiring from new lights to map light and did you splice or piggy back onto connection of map light

Thanks

did you splice or piggy back onto connection of map light
I was looking at 2 options one was to close camp over the wires but in the end I used splice connections but wires are thin so had to play with the splice part to help it cut the insulation
IMG_20221111_151233.jpg
IMG_20221111_152747.jpg

This sort of thing?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This sort of thing?
Pretty much, the ones I got where marked at 0.5W, I picked them up at a auto jumble so have nowhere to point you too unfortunately.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom