Good suggestion, thanks. I am thinking it needs additional vents but not on the exposed outside. It seems to me more vents, properly positioned would enable faster air replacement which should mean less fogging or at least faster defogging (it seems really slow to defog).

Good suggestion, thanks. I am thinking it needs additional vents but not on the exposed outside. It seems to me more vents, properly positioned would enable faster air replacement which should mean less fogging or at least faster defogging (it seems really slow to defog).
It seems like an afterthought, which is totally unlike MG, to put the vent holes along the back verticle edge of the Trophy's light bar.

I had this issue, simply book it in with the dealership you purchased the car from, it's under the warranty.
No water ingress is good news!!
Get it done before it gets into the electrics.

I had this issue, simply book it in with the dealership you purchased the car from, it's under the warranty.
No water ingress is good news!!
Get it done before it gets into the electrics.
The LEDs and wiring are sealed, the housing is vented, they can't do much about it, it's a design quirk.

Aside from gas sealing the units, they may all do it if the conditions are right (or wrong!)

Unless you have pools of water, they can't/won't do anything about it. It would require fully changing the light unit.

Have had this loan car for a cupple of days and it seams it does not goes away :( Cannot see any wents/holes but its something on the side that perhaps can be taken off`? dont want to brake anything so if anyone know how to remove the side plastic cover it would be nice to know..
20230528_095113.jpg

Have had this loan car for a cupple of days and it seams it does not goes away :( Cannot see any wents/holes but its something on the side that perhaps can be taken off`? dont want to brake anything so if anyone know how to remove the side plastic cover it would be nice to know..View attachment 17821

I'd say that isn't normal, it's normal to get a light patch of misting in places, but there's water pooling inside the light housing, that's a lot of misting.

That's not drying out anytime soon.

Have had this loan car for a cupple of days and it seams it does not goes away :( Cannot see any wents/holes but its something on the side that perhaps can be taken off`? dont want to brake anything so if anyone know how to remove the side plastic cover it would be nice to know..View attachment 17821
That does look awful. Can't possibly describe that as normal.

Yeah agree, worst one I've seen.
and the dealer said it was normal :unsure:
today I noticed that the leds isnt working too.. maybe after all the water inside? Glad its only a democar but if mine comes from the harbour like this in about 14 days I will not be happy..

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back