Was going to say the same, those indentations do not go through the plastic. Or at least they shouldn't otherwise my car would look like that every time I pressure wash it!
what could happen is when they break the runner which is point B circled it doesn't break as it should and there will be a small hole in the middle so then water can go in. just assuming

The clear plastic on my car has cracked. Has anyone seen this before?
PXL_20230615_141314470.jpgPXL_20230615_141323811.jpg

Just checked mine, no showing any signs of cracking like this, I would book it in for warranty repair.
Will be interesting to see how MG deal with this, this is where having a good dealer/service department will come in handy

Certainly look like stress cracks. Were they there before this hot weather

No force has been applied when closing the boot. And I push down on the right side.
The temperature may be a reason.

Does anyone know if I can safely wash my car with a high-pressure washer with these cracks?

This is reminding me the original Ford Puma models (1997-2002) around late 2000 onwards they decided had to implement a 3rd brake light for new models and they stuck it in the tailgate lid rather than put it at the top of the rear window (like most other cars did and have done since).

However they didnt test it that well and owners found after a few boot shuts the light started to crack. At first they refused to do it as part of the warranty, saying it was wear and tear. It wasnt until on a forum just like this a large number of owners found it was such a common occurence that they made an official complaint after which ford agreed to replace them all even for cars out of warranty.

Hope the same thing isn't going to happen with the MG4 :/

1686915769590.png
1686915705854.png

Good evening All,

I’ve had my MG4 since launch and it’s always had some small amount of condensation in the rear light clusters ( especially over the winter ) I’ve just noticed today that one of my rear light clusters has developed micro cracks near the edge and this must be where moisture is getting in and causing the the condensation.

Anyone had a similar issue ? I can foresee the dealer trying to blame the cracks on external damage, which is impossible in the position they are in.

Attachments

• IMG_6161.jpeg
    IMG_6161.jpeg
    463.7 KB · Views: 97
My understanding is that due to being LED's, the lights don't get hot enough to ward off condensation and so the lights have little holes dotted throughout to allow condensation to escape

Having said that, I seem to have gotten some cracks in the plastic that I'm pretty sure were not caused by external forces. I can't feel anything when I run my fingers over them so to me it looks like they might be on the underside

I have the same thing on mine. Micro cracks on the rear light cluster.
Many cracks on rear left. One on rear right. One on centre light bar.

Ah great to hear it’s not just me. I’ve got my car booked in for the 21st about the issue.

I tried asking them could I just send a picture and them order the part then have the car off me when the part finally arrives, but nope they want the car for the day which is a tad inconvenient to say the least.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back