Rear Seat Not Engaging

Knuttt

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi Everyone
Before I take a trip to my local dealer (who I have zero faith in), has anyone had issues with the rear seats not clicking back in place?

Specifically, the larger twin seat is proving VERY reluctant to engage with the hook.

Have managed so far but only by repeatedly slamming the seat back and fiddling the release switch at the same time.

Fingers crossed it's an easy fix.

Andy

I watched our salesman struggle to latch the rear seat in a showroom car (which was awaiting pre delivery inspection). It took a might slam to get it to click in. As we don't have our car yet I cannot advise further but would expect there to be some small adjustments in the latch mechanism to make this work as you would hope

You need to make sure that the bottom is located correctly. If not it will sit high and miss the top latch. It does take a bit of juggling

Hi Everyone
Before I take a trip to my local dealer (who I have zero faith in), has anyone had issues with the rear seats not clicking back in place?

Specifically, the larger twin seat is proving VERY reluctant to engage with the hook.

Have managed so far but only by repeatedly slamming the seat back and fiddling the release switch at the same time.

Fingers crossed it's an easy fix.

Andy
Yeah - I drove for a bit with the smaller side not engaged properly. Didn't realise until I next went to put it down. Just needed a slightly firmer push for me though.

You need to make sure that the bottom is located correctly. If not it will sit high and miss the top latch. It does take a bit of juggling
Any guidance on this, I though about trying to lift the back out and then putting it back again but couldn’t see anything to release or undo…

Andy

When you release the top catch it just folds flat but when you go to put it back upright it can jump out of the lower bracket and then not lock the top. It is just a matter of jiggling it, as you move it back upright, into the correct place at the bottom until the top fits.

This happened to my back seat I managed to get the rear seat squab off the rear pin hinge on the wheel arch side. Which had a very flimsy plastic washer on it. This had come off causing the rear seat to misalign. I refitted it and is now ok fingers crossed 🤞

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom