Rear spring area

This may be a daft idea, but would it be viable to fill the space with bathroom sealent?

This may be a daft idea, but would it be viable to fill the space with bathroom sealent?
Eerhmm …. I guess you could ?.
But it would not be my preferred choice to be totally honest.
A removable cover would be a much better option I think.
Clean and dry the area, then add some additional protection, like stone guard.
Then when completely dry, fit a plastic cover / roof over the top of the cup, to stop any further smuts ingress.
That is a proper job in my mind !.

Thanks for reply
As in aware of this issue it will be cleaned regular now
Even tho I'm a high miler I tend to do this on major city and do expect in keeping car till it's death probably ten yrs

Saw I may consider having it capped off in the near future
10 years till its death ? That seems short. Only three years after the warranty expires ?

I just noticed, you were a high miler. Perhaps this is the expected limiting factor ?

I wonder what will cause the end of life of EVs? The MG5 is not a particularly unique design and parts should be plentiful both new and used long into the future. Unless there's a new technology that renders all of today's EVs obsolete (such as emissions tests for ICE, or one of the "wonder" battery technology developments) why should mileage and/or age be an issue? Oracles are trying to sell us on cars as a service and self-driving capabilities, but I cannot see it applying to everybody everywhere.
I recently sold a large MB 609D panel van which has come to the end of its life in the UK but has gone to a new life in Africa where it should give many more years reliable service. It doesn't meet UK emissions standards but overall those are balanced by the emissions to replace it so continued use currently makes environmental sense.

I would think EV's will end their life much like cars do now.
Either their power source fails or reduces to an extent where it is not longer useful, or corrosion gets to the rest of the car.

In terms of new technology, the old cars will still run, as long as they're useful.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom