• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Red warning - Slow Charge this Vehicle

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi Guys, I'm not sure if this is tied to the ongoing BMS thread, but I have just had this warning flash up on the information panel in RED - Slow Charge this Vehicle.

I had 75 and then 70 miles range still showing on Normal on the 2 occasions it lit up.

Is it tied to the BMS issue, and I take it that a Type 2 home charge is a slow charge, for these purposes (as mentioned on last night's podcast?).

It sounds like your hv battery needs equalizing .leave it on charge until the MG badge charge light goes off .may take a few hours after the battery is 100%

It sounds like your hv battery needs equalizing .leave it on charge until the MG badge charge light goes off .may take a few hours after the battery is 100%
This is normal and needs to be equalized every few charges .it can happen more if you rapid charge often

You are a well known member so maybe i am wrong .i should have checked first sorry

Page 155 the paragraph is 'if an equalisation charge has not been carried out for some time the message centre on the instrument pack will display ' PLEASE SLOW CHARGE THE VEHICLE ' please refer to slow charging in the starting and driving section.

Page 155 the paragraph is 'if an equalisation charge has not been carried out for some time the message centre on the instrument pack will display ' PLEASE SLOW CHARGE THE VEHICLE ' please refer to slow charging in the starting and driving section.
Great learnt something today as I don’t recall reading that; useful info thank you.👍

@Adi6phil Many thanks. I maybe be a Well Known Member, but it is also pretty well known that I don't have a Scoobie about all the science that goes on with this car. :ROFLMAO:
I bought it because I felt it was a better option for me, and still really pleased that I did.
I also really appreciate the forum as I learn so much.
When the equalisation finishes, I will check to see if I have got a full 100% charge or if the BMS update is stifling my car taking on 100%.

Thanks all.

Get ready for a long stint .last week on a chargemaster 7kw charger, i charged mine from 15% to its first full equalisation and it was on charge for over 13hrs .it showed 100% on dash after 6-7hrs the rest was all the equalisation process.

Get ready for a long stint .last week on a chargemaster 7kw charger, i charged mine from 15% to its first full equalisation and it was on charge for over 13hrs .it showed 100% on dash after 6-7hrs the rest was all the equalisation process.
I was wondering if it was possible to equalise on a 7KW charger. I don't have access to charging at home so can't use the granny charger.

When I was at Tesco charging on their PodPoint 7KW I noticed the badge was illuminated (first time I've noticed this) but I unplugged it before it went off (only three hours parking allowed)

Not had this warning yet though, but the car is only 3 weeks old and 1000 miles on the odometer.
How often are people having to equalise their batteries?

I was wondering if it was possible to equalise on a 7KW charger. I don't have access to charging at home so can't use the granny charger.

When I was at Tesco charging on their PodPoint 7KW I noticed the badge was illuminated (first time I've noticed this) but I unplugged it before it went off (only three hours parking allowed)

Not had this warning yet though, but the car is only 3 weeks old and 1000 miles on the odometer.
How often are people having to equalise their batteries?
Yes it’s possible to equalize on a 7 Kw (or less) charger, this is recommended at least once a month.

You can plug it in when its almost full so it will have longer to equalise .it may mean going to Tescos on consecutive days

Personally i would not have bought my ev if i couldn't have had a home charger fitted . you must have felt that the 'free' charges were worth the effort . We all love a free charge but its a safety net to have one at home . Have you a family member who could have one on their home .we will probably all need one at some point.

Personally i would not have bought my ev if i couldn't have had a home charger fitted . you must have felt that the 'free' charges were worth the effort . We all love a free charge but its a safety net to have one at home . Have you a family member who could have one on their home .we will probably all need one at some point.
We can't get rid of ICE cars if only people with off road charging can buy an EV. I think @SCB86 is demonstrating you don't need one.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom