Remote cameras

I agree, this is a great feature on the Tesla. I guess it depends on the connectivity. I read there's a "Wifi hotspot" feature but what does that mean? Is there a 4/5g connection and data plan attached to the car?

I agree, this is a great feature on the Tesla. I guess it depends on the connectivity. I read there's a "Wifi hotspot" feature but what does that mean? Is there a 4/5g connection and data plan attached to the car?
My 4G logo stays on the info system even while I haven't got my phone with me, But, I haven't tested it fully yet. I know the emergency call button still works with no phone in the car...... I'm NOT going to tell you WHY I know. :oops:

I believe its both!

The Trophy model has the WiFi available and both models have it via the app.
My understanding is that the Trophy has it’s own data plan, for the live traffic service and Amazon Music, so that would not use your own data allowance. It might possibly also include other services.

My understanding is that the Trophy has it’s own data plan, for the live traffic service and Amazon Music, so that would not use your own data allowance. It might possibly also include other services.
Yep, I seem to think it was mentioned that it is for five years, unless I dream t that bit

Perhaps, this is something that can be added later via the app and OTA updates, if enough people petition MG to do so..
Your faith is endearing if misplaced.

OTA updates will be for bug fixes, not completely new features. Any access to camera data will be limited to the Chinese state.

Your faith is endearing if misplaced.

OTA updates will be for bug fixes, not completely new features. Any access to camera data will be limited to the Chinese state.
Spying The Cw GIF
jean-luc godard spy GIF
Snoop Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

My 4G logo stays on the info system even while I haven't got my phone with me, But, I haven't tested it fully yet. I know the emergency call button still works with no phone in the car...... I'm NOT going to tell you WHY I know. :oops:
The Emergency call is 2G, so very limited in data terms.

A 4G data SIM is inexpensive - of the order of £100 for a limited 5 year contract.

The Emergency call is 2G, so very limited in data terms.

A 4G data SIM is inexpensive - of the order of £100 for a limited 5 year contract.
I have now done a little bit of testing. My phone is paired so I just turned it off. 4G stays on on the screen. I live in the deepest deep of Norfolk so 4G is rare, so it's either lying, using all networks(?) or it's Magic! But that being said, I have been using Amazon music, so more data. and there is no lag, or stuttering....... NONE.

I'd like to hear what you think, have any ideas on what's going on?

Another question, the OTA updates..... do they just happen, do we have to accept them, or are they just a myth that nobody has actually seen yet?

I have now done a little bit of testing. My phone is paired so I just turned it off. 4G stays on on the screen. I live in the deepest deep of Norfolk so 4G is rare, so it's either lying, using all networks(?) or it's Magic! But that being said, I have been using Amazon music, so more data. and there is no lag, or stuttering....... NONE.

I'd like to hear what you think, have any ideas on what's going on?

Another question, the OTA updates..... do they just happen, do we have to accept them, or are they just a myth that nobody has actually seen yet?
Is the Amazon music on the infotainment screen and fully independent from your phone?

It would probably require a decent size of hard drive to store and compress the files on, which means a hardware and firmware upgrade also.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back