Removal of XPower Caliper Covers

Thanks for your input. I think I'll leave them as they are. I'm sure XPOWER drivers can add your prediction of further braking problems to the list of concerns.
Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the covers, but depending on the car body colour , some other colours might suit better , or none at all, we're back to Marmite time again 😳

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the covers, but depending on the car body colour , some other colours might suit better , or non atoll, we're back to Marmite time again 😳
Stood out too much for me against the white..

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpeg
    IMG_0585.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 141
actually, i am not even sure if Hi temp COLOR CLEAR coat paint exist...

Yeah it exists :-

I used plenty of thin coats applied 15 minutes apart over the top of the coloured paint :-

E-TECH XHT High Temperature Cleat Coat Lacquer Spray Paint - XHT006C from Amazon

Amazon product ASIN B00ZXZP480
The cover is thin metal so needs sanding down to key in the new paint. The existing logo gets lost behind the new paint.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the covers, but depending on the car body colour , some other colours might suit better , or none at all, we're back to Marmite time again 😳

What do people think of this mod on a Camden Grey Xpower ? - Paint Red and add on black Brembo Sticker then lacqer over.

Brembo .jpg

What do people think of this mod on a Camden Grey Xpower ? - Paint Red and add on black Brembo Sticker then lacqer over.

View attachment 23388
Personally no, coz your brakes are not Brembos. And far to fiddly to clean. And to be honest I really like the standard Orange covers. And really easy to clean, especially if like me you've got a touch of OCD. BUT it's all down to personal taste.
So no right or wrong really, it's up to you. 🙂👍

Personally no, coz your brakes are not Brembos. And far to fiddly to clean. And to be honest I really like the standard Orange covers. And really easy to clean, especially if like me you've got a touch of OCD. BUT it's all down to personal taste.
So no right or wrong really, it's up to you. 🙂👍
I see where your coming from salty, but Red on Black, Red on Grey, does look nice.

Wouldn't consider in on Racing Green however.

I really like the Green/Orange Combo, plus, and I have never mentioned this before, but I am a Life Long McLaren fan!

Note the McLaren jacket hanging up in my car! Fan BOi! 👍🤣

Screenshot_20240121_103334_WhatsApp.jpg

I see where your coming from salty, but Red on Black, Red on Grey, does look nice.

Wouldn't consider in on Racing Green however.

I really like the Green/Orange Combo, plus, and I have never mentioned this before, but I am a Life Long McLaren fan!

Note the McLaren jacket hanging up in my car! Fan BOi! 👍🤣

View attachment 23389
Agreed, Red calipers on a Grey car would definitely look good. Just not those Brembo ones, for the reasons I've stated.
If you particularly like Red, just spray the Orange ones, simple's. (Unless it's leased)
🙂👍

And.....it wouldn't be fiddly to clean as @JonnyG is suggesting painting existing cover Red. Easy to clean!
Ah, doe! Miss read, thought he fancied those Brembo ones. In that case yep spray the existing ones Red, they would look good. 🙂👍 (But not the Brembo stickers) 😉🙂 What about a simple MG sticker.

............. What about a simple MG sticker.

Well I guess that depends on what you think of "MG Brakes" 😁.... Having Brembo on them sounds like you have some performance under your bonnet even if they are fake 😂😂.

My neighbour suggested it to me. But seeing as I prefer to be a "wolf in sheeps clothing" with my cars I'll probably stick to my gloss black ones 👍.

And yes the idea would be to paint the standard caliper covers red, stick on the Brembo stickers and then add a few coats of high temp clear lacquer. As easy to clean as standard,

For those of us with lease cars, are replacement covers available, so we can put the originals back for handover?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom