Reverse camera 170 degree with dynamic parking lines and mirror monitor with 7.5” 1080p display

rayzfun

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all just thought I’d share the reverse camera installation in my MG4 SE LR. I’ve installed a 170 degree camera with dynamic trajectory parking guidance with a 7.5” replacement rear view mirror 1080p. Not the easiest installation but I think it’s very effective and looks very OEM. Camera is situated in the same place as trophy rear and video cable runs through the rear hatch into the chassis via the rubber cable channels and via the footwells to the A pillar and headlining to rear view mirror. Camera power is via the reverse wire positive and negative in the left rear light cluster using good quality wire taps. Easy to get to through the removable access panel in rear hatch. Also easy to remove light cluster via 2 x 9mm bolts. The rear view mirror has its own bracket that is compatible with the mg4 windscreen. I’ve attached pics and happy to share links to my purchases if you’d like.
IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2514.jpeg
IMG_2515.jpeg
IMG_2517.jpeg
IMG_2516.jpeg
IMG_2093.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg
IMG_2508.jpeg

Looks great. The camera is nice and discrete and very OEM looking. Which model is it, and did you have to do any drilling to install it?

Just a couple of discrete holes, on the underside of the boot handle and inside the tailgate so the video cable can be thread through the tailgate and into the car body. If you look at the pics you’ll see one black wire next to a black and red wire, this is the hole inside the tailgate

Just a couple of discrete holes, on the underside of the boot handle and inside the tailgate so the video cable can be thread through the tailgate and into the car body. If you look at the pics you’ll see one black wire next to a black and red wire, this is the hole inside the tailgate
Really clean job you’ve made of that

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £52.81 4% Off | ANSHILONG AHD 7.5" TFT LCD Rear View Mirror Car Monitor Video Input 2Ch with a Special Mounting Bracket
52.81£ 4% OFF|ANSHILONG AHD 7.5" TFT LCD Rear View Mirror Car Monitor Video Input 2Ch with a Special Mounting Bracket| | - AliExpress

You need bracket #225

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £22.36 40% Off | Greenyi CVBS 720P Golden Fisheye Auto Parking Intelligent Dynamic Trajectory Parking Line Car Reverse Backup Camera

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £52.81 4% Off | ANSHILONG AHD 7.5" TFT LCD Rear View Mirror Car Monitor Video Input 2Ch with a Special Mounting Bracket
52.81£ 4% OFF|ANSHILONG AHD 7.5" TFT LCD Rear View Mirror Car Monitor Video Input 2Ch with a Special Mounting Bracket| | - AliExpress

You need bracket #225

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £22.36 40% Off | Greenyi CVBS 720P Golden Fisheye Auto Parking Intelligent Dynamic Trajectory Parking Line Car Reverse Backup Camera
Is that the one you fitted at the start of this thread?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom