Reverse Camera SE LR

tex

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi have just refitted the wireless camera from the number plate bracket
looks better tucked in at lower bumper level.

Attachments

• FC726244-CE1A-4068-AF67-DB0C35F964CD.jpeg
    FC726244-CE1A-4068-AF67-DB0C35F964CD.jpeg
    846.1 KB · Views: 1,324
  • 66784219-FAA6-40AE-8505-F38650138C35.jpeg
    66784219-FAA6-40AE-8505-F38650138C35.jpeg
    615.1 KB · Views: 1,307
Whats the brand and typenumber? Was it easy to connect it with the rear lights wiring?

Whats the brand and typenumber and was it easy to connect to the rear lights wiring?

Ok my fault, but then it is always on or you have to switch it on when you go in reverse?

I already solved it, its a push button on the charger. Another question, you've fitted the camera on the bumper. How did you tighten it to the car?

I'm going to guess it's held by Velcro - one part stuck to the car and the other stuck to the camera.

The camera is on Amazon mine is fitted with strong 3m pads.
I also used a small amount of epoxy as I can charge it on the car.

For this TW1 camera seems there are solar cells available that can be clipped on, to re-charge the battery every day. Comments are quite good on the effectiveness of this solar solution.

But I am not sure about the idea having an additional display flying around in the dash for the few seconds of reversing picture.

Damm, so bad that there seems not to be an easy port at the infotainment screen of a standard mg4 to just plug in an aftermarket camera as upgrade.

Has anyone seen a picture of the ports of the infotainment screen anywhere already?
woul love to get a hint / link, please.

The solar panel fits to the camera bracket so you would have to fix on to number plate
this works but is not great to look at can stick out a bit and you have to be careful not
to cover part of the number plate letters.I just charge mine on the car lasts six to eight
weeks.a pain mg cut back on no camera for the se .

Hi have just refitted the wireless camera from the number plate bracket
looks better tucked in at lower bumper level.
I like this solution, and I will do the same for my SESR when it arrives. I choose SESR because of the LFP battery . For me a reversing camera is far more useful safety feature than a terminator LKA which you cannot stop permanently.

We are going to add this camera to ours when our ordered SE LR arrives. I am thinking of looking at mounting it at the bottom lip of the boot hatch maybe, If its backplate can be tucked inside the trim there maybe?

We are going to add this camera to ours when our ordered SE LR arrives. I am thinking of looking at mounting it at the bottom lip of the boot hatch maybe, If its backplate can be tucked inside the trim there maybe?
I am going to do the same as a camera is almost essential with the MG4. Do you know whereabouts on the Trophy it is fitted? I fitted a camera on my Suzuki attached to the number plate but it seems more tricky on the MG4 with routing the cables. I am considering mounting it inside the car on/near the rear screen.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom