• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Samsung s10e Android Auto

It does update the entertainment system - when I had my car, there was no option to view video or pictures on the entertainment system and I didn't expect to have these until I saw a post on here. After doing the map updates, I had that facility (as well as other well-publicised issues!).
I tried to update, but only a charger update was available.
I could download maps for 119,95 (my maps are 2018). I thought the first years were free

Have you tried this:

Step 1: Phone Settings > System > About Phone > Software Information > Tap 7 times on Build Number to enable Developer Mode

Step 2: Phone Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging On

Step 3: Phone Settings > Developer Options > Default USB Configuration > Set to USB Tethering

Connect your Phone to your car via USB and Android Auto should start hopefully!

EDIT: Sorry I've just re-read your first post, looks like you've already tried the above, I'll leave it here just incase it helps someone else in the future.

Wow this must be really frustrating, I had issues with my Samsung, my previous Nokia had no issues. Got fed up with the Samsung so moved to my daughters old iPhone and CarPlay with no issues at all since. Things should be simple..

Whilst it won't help your issue @dudenl it may help others, I've had no issues with both Google Pixel 3 and now Google Pixel 5. I sometimes plug in before starting the car, sometime 10 minutes into the journey, works everytime.

Phone and software versions:
Google Pixel 5
Android version 11
Android Auto 5.7.603964-release
Annke USB-C lead

Can someone confirm this:

In my mainscreen of the unit, only Carplay is visible (rightside).
On other videos and images I always see Carplay and Android Auto in the screen.

Update:

Tried 3 Android phones and none of them is working.
It realy seems like Android Auto is not installed on the infortainment.
Maybe @MG Technician can give me some pointers
Car play is working (tested with the iphone from the misses).

I take it you have a MG ZS EV? if so then if Android Auto is not showing on the infotaiment system then take it to Mg as there a fault with the system.

Take a pic and show us your infotainment screen
20201101_192836.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom